* 30 - Painful Recognition

Written by: miamidnightt

The Queen was seething with hatred in her eyes— these Ninja were foiling her plans for her and her daughter of conquering Ninjago once and for all. She had grown tired of their pitiful antics, dark magic immediately coming to her fingertips and guiding it's way towards the three in front of her.

"Watch out!" Jay shouted, throwing himself at his girlfriend and watching Red dive away from the Queen's powers.

This made her grow more frustrated— wanting to destroy the heroes who stood in her way and that is exactly what she planned to do. Throwing her hands out once more, darkness wrapped at both Jay and Nya's feet, leaving only Red to deal with his turned mother himself.

"I think it's best if we leave this fight to ourselves, don't you think?" She cooed, stepping a bit closer to him and smirking, "Because we both know those two are incapable of defeating me, even if they tried."

Jay hissed, struggling against the bounds made of dark magic, "Hey...! Let us go!"

"Oh, and did you forget that I have that same power, mother!" Red spat, holding up a hand and the dark vines disappeared, which allowed Nya and Jay to be dropped to the floor.

The two easily were back on their feet— Nya grabbing her weapon from off the floor, that had dropped when the dark ropes had entangled both her and Jay. With a glare in her brown eyes, she ran straight for the Queen, who was taken by surprise and just barely managed to dodge the attack sent to her. Forming a knife with her dark magic, the Queen returned the favor and stabbed the dark-haired girl in the side, hearing a groan escape the girl as she fell to the floor with a loud thud!

"Oh my god!" Jay widened his eyes, his feet moving on their own and taking his girlfriend in his arms, cradling her close to his chest, "H-How dare you...!"

The woman only laughed at the pathetic tears streaming down his face— But it was Red who took the chance and attacked his mother himself. The knife in his hand gleamed with dark magic energy, grazing the Queen at the shoulder and she hissed loudly.

"How does it feel to feel the same pain?" Red said, his voice holding nothing but venom in each of his words, "you monster."

That was enough to anger the Queen further, but that was his attentive from the beginning and he smirked proudly at her. Once his mother saw the look, she was far too late and a strong power burn at every part of her body. She was aching in pain— She fell to the ground, her arms and legs going numb immediately and that was enough for her son to approach her with the knife still in his grip.

He sighed, "I am sorry... Goodbye, mother."

And with those final words, he stabbed the Queen straight in the heart and watched her body slowly start to go pale and numb. It wasn't long before her eyes fell to the back of her head, leaving Red to remove himself off her.

But those weren't the last and final moments from his mother.

A bright light emitted from the Queen's chest, the dark woman disintegrating into nothing and allowing a much different woman to emerge— She looked similar to the other, but she was far from having that dark aura to her.

Red stared in shock, his mouth open slightly and he approached the woman without any hesitation, "M-Mother...? Is that actually you?"

"Yes, my dear Red," She nodded, engulfing the boy in her arms but a frown remained on her face, "I am truly sorry for all the pain and torment I have put you and your friends through. It was never my intention to harm you." She wiped the blood off a wound found on his cheek, the touch allowing it to heal within seconds, "Unfortunately, those shadows took it upon themselves to bring me back all those years ago after I had died.