* 11 - Harboring Feelings

Written by: dxganronpa

Bursting the door open, Nya threw her double-bladed scythe out and hit the shadow square in the center, watching it disintegrate. Scarlett was quick to run after her, seeing Mia on the ground. "Th- That... doesn't look good..."

She got on her knees, her eyes wide as she grabbed ahold of the redhead, blood seeping onto her hands from the stab wounds on her shoulder and side. Feeling something wet on her leg, Scarlett looked down to see Mia's ankle bleeding, the wound obviously deep and she began hyperventilating.

"Scarlett, are you—?" Nya let out a small shriek when she finally realized Mia's state. "H- Hold on, that's a lot of blood!"

She ran inside the Bounty, calling for the boys who weren't too far behind. "Guys, Mia's hurt!"

Scarlett didn't know what to do, so the best thing she could think of was to stand up, bringing the unconscious girl with her. With tears in her eyes, she kicked the door just a bit more open so she could walk in, not waiting for the others.
But fortunately, they were already there. Once seeing them, she couldn't say anything, but didn't need to.

"H- Here, I'll take her!" Lloyd's eyes were wide as he ran over to Scarlett, taking Mia in his arms, the blood already dry and not getting onto him. "Oh god, Mia..."

"What the hell happened?" Kai asked, running over to Scarlett and holding the trembling girl in his arms.

"That thing outside... I think it was a shadow," Nya told her brother, panting slightly from the adrenaline in her body. "When Scarlett and I ran out there, Mia was already in that condition. If we had gone out any later—"

"Or if she hadn't screamed..." Cole cut in.

"It would've been too late," Scarlett finished, closing her eyes. "That shadow would've killed her on the spot."

"Why are they chasing after them? Or... why are they chasing Mia?" Jay asked, crossing his arms.

"We can talk about this when she's awake and healing," Lloyd told the group, holding the small redhead in one arm while the other went to grab Zane's wrist. "Come on, I need you, Doc."

Zane didn't hesitate to follow Lloyd into the bathroom, where Mia was placed on the counter. The others followed, and the two ninja immediately got to work.

Lloyd pulled out many supplies to clean wounds, handing them to Zane as he was the expert. He only stuck to handing him the things he needed.

"G... Guys?" Mia tried speaking, although her eyes were still shut and she felt like she couldn't move. Her body hurt everywhere, and she didn't know if the shadow was still in range. "Are you...?"

"It's okay." Lloyd grabbed her hand in reassurance, squeezing it gently. "It's gone. There's nothing to worry about anymore."

Mia felt a bit relieved at his words and let him hold her hand. She tried staying conscious as Zane went to work on her wounds, starting with the one on her ankle.

"Lloyd, give me the—Lloyd, I see why you would want to hold her hand for support, but please, I need you to pass me the supplies," Zane scolded.

"R- Right, sorry." Lloyd hesitantly let go of Mia's hand, handing Zane what he had asked for after his scolding.

Nya peeked inside the bathroom every few seconds, turning back to the other ninja. "She looks terrible."

"You didn't get hurt, did you?" Kai looked down at Scarlett, still confused at the amount of blood on her.

She shook her head. "Her blood got on me..."

"Are you okay?" Jay asked with a small frown.

"That... looked like it hurt." Scarlett frowned, fiddling with her fingers. "Her ankle looked bad, and so did everything else..."

Ninja Within Shadows ► Ninjago [REWRITING]On viuen les histories. Descobreix ara