* 32 - Fatal Destiny

Written by: miamidnightt

Both girls stared each other down, none of them saying anything until it was Mia to break the silence. She drew in a deep breath, closing her eyes and rushing towards Scarlett— But the dark-haired girl only laughed, seeing the anger boiling through the redhead's eyes.

"Mia, dear, don't you remember anything from your training?" She called out sweetly, forming a blade out of darkness, and thrusting the hilt of the weapon into Mia's stomach, "Never rush at your enemies. That was your first mistake."

"Are you sure?" The redhead laughed, despite coughing up a bit of blood from the sudden attack, wiping it away with the back of her hand.

Widening her eyes, Scarlett took notice of a certain Blue Ninja behind her— Before she had time to react, she was hit with his fist colliding with her face, causing her to fall back and growl at the Ninja in front of her.

"You...!" She spat at him, forming a ball of dark magic and hurling it at the auburn-haired teen, who was sent flying back into one of the walls, "Don't you dare try to interfere with a fight that has been decided by destiny itself— However, I plan to change destiny and turn the tables so that I may be the one who claims victory. Then Ninjago will belong to the shadows!"

The red-haired Ninja knew the friend she once knew was far gone now— But it was Lloyd who brought her out of her thoughts, "Go, Mia— This is a fight only you can win. None of us come close to wielding the power you have to destroy her."

Destroy... That word sounds so wrong to me.

With a firm nod, the Purple Ninja stepped forward and towards her turned friend— The others knew this was a fight only she could win alone. All they could do was watch, and hope that she'd win in the end.

"Guess this is how things have to be..." Mia mumbled lowly, flipping on her Ninja hood-mask and staring down her adversary, who stood feet away from her, "I won't let you take over Ninjago like this, Scarlett!"

"Oh, I think that you will." The dark-hearted villain cackled, twirling two daggers made of dark magic and approaching the redhead.

This was the beginning of the fight that Mia was prepared for— With agile speed, her enemy was the first to make a move, ready to send a kick straight towards her head but the redhead was quick, grabbing her ankle and throwing her a few feet away.

But this only caused Scarlett to become more infuriated, mixing both dark magic and her own element— the Dragon Flame— together and growling, letting it fly from her hands and head straight towards the Purple Ninja. Trying to dodge the attack, the red-haired teen was just a tad too late and the combined power slashed right at her side.

A shriek of pain erupted in her throat, fabric and flesh tearing and leaving her wounded on the ground. Scarlett laughed, stepping forward and grabbing the redhead's chin roughly— "Poor Mia, didn't see that attack coming, did you? Like I did, this is your end."

"No, it's not," Mia huffed, grabbing her side and shoving the dark-haired girl's hand away from her— she was grateful that it was just her side, "And now, I believe that it's my turn to return the favor."

Scarlett laughed, "Go ahead and try all you want."

Standing to her feet, the redhead ignored the pain and lit her hands up with a golden glow surging in her palms— She could feel the warmness it brought to her, calming down her nerves and letting her close her eyes. She didn't need to focus on anything else, this power was enough for her.

And finally opening her eyes again, she struck the ground with her light— watching the power guide it's way towards the darkened Ninja, but she was quick to dodge. However, the power swirled and struck her from behind, causing the girl to seethe in anger.