* 28 - Regained Powers

Written by: miamidnightt

"I'm fucking done with this shit!"

Mia was furious with those shadows, grabbing the knife hidden in her boot and placing the hilt in her mouth, resting the metal of the chains against the blade— She was lucky enough that she didn't have her powers now, because it would take her way longer to break free of Vengestone.

Lloyd glanced over at her, "M, what do you think you're doing? Don't you see... the shadows won after all."

Finally, the redhead was able to break the chains off her wrists, as they fell with a loud clank! She didn't waste a second with grabbing the Green Ninja by the collar of his Gi and glaring sternly at him in the eyes.

"Lloyd... I don't want to hear you say that ever again!" She spat, her voice seething with anger, "What's it you guys always say? Ninja never quit, right? Well, why don't you take your own advice and get your fucking act together! This city is in need of our help and I don't care how we do it, just stop acting like all you care about are yourselves!"

All the Ninja widened their eyes at her.

"But Mia— You saw what they've done to the city. All the people, it's dark and—!" Jay tried to protest, but got a shove from the Purple Ninja, who wasn't having any of his excuses.

The redhead had enough of them, crossing her arms over her chest, "What the hell is wrong with you guys?! You call yourselves Ninja and yet, you're acting like... like this! We don't have time to hide and be scared! We're the Saviors of Ninjago, for God's sake...!"

Nya nodded, humming in agreement, "She's right— we got to get our act together and save this city! We were in charge of protecting the people and we failed to do that, the least we could do is save them all."

"Exactly!" Mia grinned, glad that one person was still with her, "Now, if you boys plan to stay here and pout— that's fine by me! But I'm saving this city, there's no doubt about that."

Lloyd shook his head, clearing his mind of all thoughts, "What the hell...?! This isn't like me— Mia's right. We can't let this fear control us!"

After a few minutes, everyone else was on board and it was the Black Ninja who spoke up first, breaking the silence, "Well, do you have a plan in mind, Mia? It won't be easy taking back the city from those shadows."

Mia nodded.

"Actually, I have one," But she frowned a bit afterward, furrowing her eyebrows and taking a breath, "But the only way we can make this work... is if we can get my powers back! I'm sure they're still in that dagger."

Kai shook his head, "B-But that's impossible! I'm certain they won't let you just go in there and steal your powers back— they probably have them protected too."

"Like I give a fuck," Mia scoffed, walking over to Lloyd and beginning to break the chains off his wrists, going around and doing the same with the others. Once she finished, she wiped the small beads of sweat off her forehead, "I'm getting them back, because they belong to me and only me. No one else."

The Green Ninja patted her on the head, "Don't worry, we'll get them back to you— and that I can promise you. We have to end this for sure!"

"And no matter what Scarlett says, I'll make sure to bring her back."

With that in mind, the Ninja rushed into the Bounty, knowing well that the Queen and Scarlett would be around somewhere. The redhead rushed below deck, glad that the shadows were down in the city instead of on the Bounty.

* * *

Both Scarlett and her mother were oblivious, not realizing that the Ninja had escaped their chains and were now taking action to fight back against them. But it was the dark-haired teen who noticed they had gone missing from the deck.