* 22 - Secret Plans

Written by: miamidnightt

A gust of wind blew past the Bounty, allowing the redhead to feel the breeze whip against her freckled face. Her thoughts were scattered, like the leaves in the middle of autumn, but that was the least of her worries.

Both of our siblings our safe, but... why? Why did they let us escape so easily?

"Hey," A pat on the shoulder shook her out of her thoughts, turning her head and meeting eyes with her sister, who gave her a warm smile and hugged her, "I didn't get to properly reunite with you, Amelia! I-I missed you so much! Everyday, I wondered if I was ever gonna see you again and to know that you're here—!"

Mia chuckled, sheepishly smiling and rubbing the back of her neck, "I missed you too, sis. They separated us, and I—!"

"It's not your fault." Ellie told her, shaking her head, "None of it is."

The redhead felt her bottom lip quiver and without a second thought, she threw herself on the brunette and they both toppled down on the wooden floor of the deck. Both girls laughed, acting like children on a playground, and the redhead smiled a look of relief.

"I'm glad to have you back, Ellie," She hummed, resting her head on her sister's chest.

"That's good," Ellie replied, resting her hand on Mia's head, "Because I would have been a bit worried if you hadn't missed me at all."

Mia rolled her eyes, "Oh, stop it. I'd always go looking for my sister."

"You better not have gotten into much trouble while I was away, Mi-Mi." The brunette laughed, sitting up with her sister, allowing them to get back on their own feet, "Because you seem to already be in so much trouble."

"It's... a long story."

Ellie leaned against the rails of the Bounty, crossing her arms, "Hmm, I have a lot of time to spare. Go on, tell me..."

* * *

After hearing her story, Ellie blinked in surprise and wasn't exactly sure what to say to it all. Her sister had gone through so much pain in such a short time in her life—which left to the brunette wrapping her arms around her younger sister comfortingly, not daring to let go.

"I'm here now and I promise, you'll never go through something as awful like that again." Ellie rocked her body back-and-forth, both of the girls not saying anything more.

Unfortunately, the moment didn't last long—The alarm on the Bounty ringing an ear-splinting ring and making them both jump up in alarm. Shadows appeared around both girls, letting the redhead get into a fighting stance with her hands on the daggers at her waist. She growled in annoyance, like she was expecting this to happen.

"You gotta be kidding me..." She mumbled, taking out her daggers and allowing her light to seep into the blade, "You dumbasses just never seem to quit, do you?"

The shadows laughed at her, inching closer but it was at that moment, the Ninja emerged from below deck and Nya didn't hesitate to through her s-shaped boomerang at the shadow, watching it disappear into nothing. Although, it wasn't enough to stop another one from taking its place and growling at the Sister of Fire.

Nya cursed under her breath, "Oh, shit... This ain't good."

"No kidding!" Scarlett mumbled, her eyes wide as she stepped next to her brother.

Kai's sister was ready to throw her weapon, gritting her teeth hard, but a shadow appeared behind her, taking her by surprise and making her trip over her own feet. Groaning, she rubbed her head but before she had time to get back on her feet, the same shadow approached her again, placing a hand to her chest and allowing a dark power to completely consume her.