* 21 - Siblings

Written by: dxganronpa

The next morning, the ninja walked into the kitchen to make their breakfast. However, when they saw the redhead with her head in her arms and holding an empty glass of water, they began to get concerned.

"Mia?" Lloyd asked, walking over to her. He placed a hand on her shoulder, concern taking over. "Are you alright?"

Mia awoke from her short slumber, looking up at the green ninja with puffy eyes. "No..."

Seeing this, Lloyd was quick to bring her into a tight hug. "Mia, what happened?"

"My s- sister..." She began to cry into his chest, tightly wrapping her arms around him. "They have my sister!"

"If they have your sister..." Kai paused before looking to the door and running out of it.

"Kai, where are you going?" Jay asked.

"Scarlett has a brother, if I remember correctly!"

"When was she gonna tell us that?" Cole whispered to the white ninja.

"Oh, I already knew. It's in my database when I first scanned her."

Kai ran to the girls' shared room and opened the door, finding Scarlett in her attire from the other day. "Scarlett, are you—?"

She turned around, her eyes with tears in them but still haven't fallen. "Kai?"

"Mia said the shadows took her sister... did they...?" He didn't want to finish the sentence.

"Yeah. They did." But Scarlett had a hint of a smile, which scared Kai just a little, comparing how concerned Mia was to how Scarlett didn't look the least bit worried.

"Uh, did you not have a good relationship with your brother?" he asked her, a bit hesitant.

"After all these years... I couldn't find him. But they did... whether you're coming with me or not, I'm gonna go get him back," Scarlett said to him.

Kai kind of got the gist of why she was smiling, but couldn't exactly put all the pieces together—it was just another one of the mysteries about her that made her all the more attractive to him.

"I'm going with you, no doubt. But why don't you put on your gi and we can all go as a team? Like old times?" He hoped she would agree and things would go back to the way they used to be.

Scarlett shook her head at him, keeping the knife in her sleeve and twirling the spear she had brought into the room. "I'm not ready for that yet. I... I don't wanna be part of the shadows anymore."

"Scarlett, you can say that all you want, but they'll never stop coming for you. You're a part of this whether you like it or not," Kai told her, stepping closer. "As your boyfriend, I swear—"

"Slow down, there Since when were you my boyfriend?"

Now he was amused, and he leaned against her bed frame with a smirk. "Yesterday, after we all made up. Apparently I was the best boyfriend you've ever had."

Scarlett blushed a bit at this, turning her head away. "Did I say that?"

"You did. But hey, I'm not complaining. You seemed pretty happy, too."

"Well... we haven't gotten to that point, yet. Guess with all that went on, you made me believe that."

"Who says we can't start now?"

"I do. You're gonna have to do a lot more than that to win me over, considering past relationships. But not now, we have some siblings to save." Scarlett didn't let him say another word as she was already out the door with her weapons.