* 3 - An Attack

Written by: dxganronpa

Scarlett walked around the city, munching on some bread. She put her hand on the hem of her crop top, lowering it a bit--although it was pointless, considering the top didn't go much lower than her chest.

She also held a check in between her ring and pinkie finger, frowning slightly. Sure, she got a decent four hundred dollar check, but she also got fired. Rats.

Gotta pay rent... gotta pay rent... she told herself. While mentally scolding herself, someone was following her to her apartment.

Once outside the building, the voice startled her. "Okay, I won't follow you in there, so you mind turning around?"

Scarlett squeaked, almost jumping. "Oh! It's... you?"

The red ninja gave her a small smile. "Uh, yeah. I'm glad you're not... running away?"

"Well, I will in a bit..." She lifted an eyebrow in confusion. "You said you were following me?"

"Oh, uh... nah, I didn't. You're probably imagining things..." Kai crossed his arms over his chest. Considering his mask was still on and covering his face, Scarlett couldn't really tell his facial expression.

"Right... um, anyway, I've gotta go--" Scarlett went for the door, but the fire ninja grabbed her wrist in exasperation. "Huh?"

"Look. Maybe we got off on the wrong foot yesterday," he told her. "Do you think we can start over?"

OhmygodIthoughthewantedtokidnapme--

"Um, sure." Scarlett nodded. "Yeah, we can start over... so what's a ninja like you doing wanting to make friends with an ordinary girl like me?"

"That's... actually a long story. Maybe if you come with me, I can tell you?"

Nevermindheactuallywantstokidnapme--

Scarlett stepped closer to the door, her eyes widening slightly. "Okay, that's a sure sign of kidnapping and rape."

"N- No! That's not what I'm trying to do here!" Kai frantically waved his hands in front of him, his entire face turning pink. "Okay, this is going worse than I thought..."

"Look, I'm just gonna--"

"You're a ninja!"

Scarlett sort of froze, looking at him for a few seconds. She blinked. Blinked again. "Come again?"

"You're one of us, Scarlett. The reason my friends and I were going after you and Mia yesterday was because you're destined to be ninja," Kai explained.

She opened her mouth to say something, then decided against it. Once again, she said nothing for a few seconds. Did I hear him right? Did he just tell me I'm, like, a ninja?

Scarlett giggled. And then she startled full-on laughing. "One of you guys? Like, a fighter-type person? Um, you must want something from me. A date? Friendship? Name it."

"Actually, a date wouldn't--wait, that's off-topic!" The red ninja once again shook his head, denying--not totally, he'd think about that date--the claims she made. "I'm dead serious."

"Yeah, for some reason, I'm not buying it," Scarlett hummed. "Well, if you wanted to kidnap me, you would've done it by now, so at least I have no reason to be scared and call the cops."

"I'm a ninja. A savior of Ninjago!" Kai emphasized. "Why would I even do something like that? Oh, and we're good with the cops, so they wouldn't really help."

"Okay... well, try a prank like that another time. Maybe it'll work then!" Without waiting for an answer, she slipped through the door of the building and made her way up to her apartment. "What a strange day this has been."