* 29 - Split Fights

Written by: dxganronpa

Seeing the redhead in tears, the team stood in shock at the ice ninja's words. None of them had expected that.

"Kill... kill my sister?" Red had widened eyes. "No matter who does it, it..."

"There's gotta be another way. Zane, are you sure you didn't misunderstand Sensei?" Kai asked, rapidly shaking his head in denial.

"I'm afraid not," the nindroid answered with a frown. "Although I too wish there could be a different option."

"Why would you hold out on this?" Cole questioned, almost angry. "If we had known we could've—!"

"I saw the way her eyes changed on the ship and so did the rest of you," Nya spoke up, cutting the earth ninja off. "What if... what if we can bring her back before she's fully taken over?"

Hearing her words, Mia sniffled and lifted her head from Lloyd's chest. "Wait... what?"

"I just think... that maybe we could still have a chance," she admitted, her head hung low and tears stung her eyes. "I don't want her to die."

"I just watched Mia die like, an hour ago. I can't do that again with another friend... and not see her wake up." Jay ran a hand through his hair, looking away from the team. "So if Nya has any chance of being right... I'll take that chance."

"But what if she's wrong? What if she's not in there anymore?" Ellie asked. "I don't want to think that, I really don't... but..."

"Then we fight," Lloyd answered, keeping his arm around his girlfriend in reassurance with a determined look on his face. "I don't want to fight her anymore than you all do—she was my friend too, after all. But we have to save this city, or there won't be a Ninjago anymore."

The others stayed silent for a few seconds, taking his words into deep thought. He was right, Ninjago was in despair and the only way to save it was to defeat the enemy once and for all—no matter who they faced.

Mia shut her eyes tightly, clenching his gi in her fists. "Lloyd... I can't. She's my best friend, and I—!"

"Hey," he stopped her, looking down at her with a serious look. "You were the ones on our asses earlier telling us not to give up. So don't say you can't, because you can do anything. Ninja never quit, remember?"

Mia frowned at his words, but understood. "You... you're right."

"But we take to Nya's idea first. Like Jay said, if there's even the smallest chance of her still being in there... I'm willing to take it." He then grabbed Mia by the shoulders, looking her in the eyes despite their puffiness. "Are you?"

She nodded, engulfing him a hug. "Of course I am... always."

"Then let's go!" Kai punched his fists together, more determined than ever. "I'm ready to take down these shadows once and for all!"

Mia pulled away from Lloyd, nodding with a small smile. "Yeah... and I have just the plan to catch them off guard."

* * *

Scarlett fiddled with her fingers as her mother let out an exasperated sigh. Guess she wasn't too happy about me losing her powers.

"How did her powers end up in her grasp?" the queen asked, her back turned to the dark-haired girl.

"I was caught off guard, I guess... I couldn't move. It was like something was stopping me from getting it back," Scarlett confessed, her head hung low. "I'm sorry, Mother."

Although slightly disappointed, the queen only sighed once again. "You need to control your mind, dear. Take control—be in charge."

Be in charge. She knew exactly what she was talking about.