* 15 - Hospital

Written by: dxganronpa

Lloyd lifted the unconscious girl in his arms, his expression a mix of concern and relief. He almost couldn't believe he had gotten her back...

He tucked a strand of her red hair behind her ear, looking at her bruised face with a small frown. "God, M..."

"Lloyd, we must hurry!" Zane called from the door. "The shadows may be near."

"Right!" Lloyd nodded, holding Mia close to his chest and running out after the nindroid. Running through the dark halls, they almost lost their way—but fortunately for Zane's tracker of the exit, they were able to meet up with the remaining ninja.

"You got her!" Scarlett looked to the green ninja with a smile.

"Yeah, we did." Lloyd returned the gesture, chuckling. "You were right. Thanks for the pep talk earlier."

She giggled, putting her hands behind her back. "I guess we all need that once in a while, don't we?" Her eyes narrowed over to Kai, who wasn't even focused on their conversation.

"As nice as this entire reunion is, we should really get back to the Bounty before they decide to come back and show up for the two of you," Cole told them all. "Let's get out of here!"

The others nodded, running out of the cave. Before she did, however, Scarlett stopped after hearing something a few feet behind her.

"Huh?"

"Scarlett..."

The voice sounded so familiar to her, but she almost couldn't put her finger on it. All she knew was that she had to go toward the noise, and she was going to had a hand grabbed her.

"Scarlett, what the hell are you doing?" Jay asked her with a panicked look on his face.

"The voice..." she tried explaining, but he didn't hesitate to stop her again.

"Voice? There is no voice, Scarlett. Come on, it's just them playing you!" Seeing that she took a step toward the cave once more, he swung her over his shoulder and ran off.

Scarlett didn't bother prying herself off of him, but she only allowed him to take her back to the Bounty that wasn't too far from the cave. She couldn't rid the voice that rang in her ears that Jay somehow couldn't hear.

"Scarlett..."

It once again spoke her name, but they were already on the Bounty and she couldn't see the cave anymore. "Jay... did you hear that?"

"Hear what? That voice again?" Jay questioned. He had no clue what she was talking about or if she was going crazy, but he figured bringing her back to the Bounty was much better than finding out what the hell she rambled about.

"Y- Yes, that!"

"No, I still have no clue what you mean."

Scarlett sighed, defeated. Maybe it was just my imagination...

Once arriving back into the Bridge, Jay finally put her down. "She was going back into the cave."

"You snitch." She gasped, putting her hands on her hips.

"Scarlett, what the hell? Are you trying to get yourself killed?" Cole questioned her.

"No." Scarlett huffed, soon crossing her arms. "I just heard something, and I forgot it was the shadow place for a few seconds."

"Be grateful that I came after you," Jay mumbled.

"Thank you so much, Jay."

"Okay, can we bring it back? Scarlett, don't be stupid like that again. We can't have you fall into their hands. It was probably just a trick," Lloyd told her.