* 14 - Safe Rescue

Written by: miamidnightt

Knocking on the bedroom door to Mia and Scarlett's shared room, Kai waited for the Scarlet Ninja to open the door, unfortunately, she never did. Frowning, the messy-haired teen pushed open the door, that was surprisingly unlocked and found Scarlett curled up in a ball on her bed.

"Scarlett?" He called out to her, watching as her head poked out from the covers and he sat down on the end of her bed, "Is it alright if I bandage up the wound on your arm from earlier? I almost forgot about it..."

She nodded slowly, keeping the blankets wrapped around herself, pushing herself to sit up and next to the Fire Ninja, "Sorry... I'm just really upset, knowing we're in a bad situation right now."

"Hey, it's gonna be alright," Placing a hand on her shoulder, pulling out the first-aid kit and rubbing the burning cream on her arm. He heard a hiss of pain from the dark-haired girl and stopped, rubbing her arm in reassurance, "Sorry, but... We're gonna get Mia back and protect you from getting captured. I swear, I'll do anything to protect you."

"What is... everyone else doing?" Scarlett hesitantly asked, Kai going back and continuing to fix up her burned arm.

Kai hummed, not taking his eyes eyes off her arm, "Last I was there, Nya and Zane were trying to pinpoint the shadows' location, but Lloyd isn't doing too well. He's worried about Mia, I guess I never realized it, but he cares for her a lot."

"Yeah..." She mumbled, feeling Kai finish fixing up her arm, wrapping it in bandages. But once he was done, the Scarlet Ninja felt his arms wrap around her in a tight embrace, "K-Kai...?"

"Scarlett, I want you to know that I don't think you're weak. None of us started off professional at the start, even I was horrible at my own training when I first came to become a Ninja." He furrowed his eyebrows, like he was remembering some painful memories back then, "But you know what kept me going? My sister. I knew that if I was ever gonna save my sister, that I had to keep trying until I was able to become a Ninja myself. She was the only family I had left, I couldn't lose her!"

Scarlett returned the hug, covering her face in his red garments, hoping to soothe him down, "Hey, you saved her in the end, didn't you? If you didn't, then she wouldn't be here right now."

"Thanks, but..." Kai kept holding her in his arms, afraid to let her go, "My point is, you're strong in your own way, Scarlett. Right now, you might not seem to be as strong as some of the others, but that's okay. It's just gonna take more time for you to get better, because I know you'll get there in the end."

"You sure?" She asked him, dipping her head to the side.

"Positive," He pulled away and held his hand out to her, which she easily took and their fingers intertwined with one another, like the pieces of a puzzle, "Do you trust me?"

She nodded twice, giving into his words and grinning wide, until they both jumped at the sound of a knock at the door, hearing Jay's voice on the other end, "Guys, come quick! Zane's located where the shadows' are!"

"Let's go." Kai said, squeezing her hand in reassurance and rushing out of the room with her.

They found the others in the Bridge, talking amongst themselves and Nya held the wheel, guiding the Bounty in the direction Zane had located the shadows in. Lloyd was the complete opposite of everyone else, he was playing with his fingers and trying to calm down, but nothing he did seemed to work.

He needed to know she was okay. That they weren't too late to save her. God, he didn't know what he'd do if they did anything to hurt her, he just wanted her to be okay—