. GUTS .

The first signs of fall had finally come through on the wind as it blew through Jimin's blonde locks.  He inhaled sharply, closing his eyes as his mind went along riding the breeze, letting it take him anywhere and everywhere.  He stood outside watching Taehyung and Jungkook rake the leaves that had fallen.  He began raking his pile together, it reaching his hips in height.  Behind him, he could hear Taehyung shouting at Jungkook, yelling 'Ya!  Ya!' over and over.  Jimin turned around to see his friends and what they were doing, but instead, he saw Jungkook running at full speed to jump into his giant leaf pile.

"Ya!  Jungkook-ah!"  Jimin whined.

However, the other Omega was nothing but bunny smiles.  He giggled as he stood up and looked at Jimin's rosy ears and nose.  "I'll help you clean it up.  I just couldn't resist."

"Hmm, and here I thought you only said that because of me," a voice said, approaching the two.

Yoongi came up to the duo with a smirk on his lips.  Jungkook giggled as he met Yoongi half way and wrapped his arms around the older's neck.  He leaned into his face and pecked his lips lightly.  Jimin chuckled as he watched the pair interact.  He looked behind Yoongi and saw Namjoon, leaning against the door frame, face just as stoic as ever.  Jimin blushed as he stared at the Alpha, his mind flickers back to a few weeks ago when he helped Namjoon with his rut.  Although, they were soon replaced by the soft subtle words floating in his mind that the white haired Alpha had said a few nights ago.

He had never wanted to fall for Namjoon, but that's how love works.

Wait...love...can it actually happen? 

Hoseok always told him that the Alpha he would be with would be the one he least expects it to be, and it's so true that he would have never expected it to be Namjoon.  His mind became flooded with the image of the Alpha, his voice, the way his lips curves into a smile, his dimples, and his scent.  Jimin felt shivers crawling up and down his body. 

As he and Jungkook raked up the leaves again, Jungkook gave a small chuckle causing Jimin to look over at him.  "You know hyung, there's a glow or more like a twinkle in your eyes lately.  Yet, there used to only be sadness."

"What are you saying?"

"I'm saying that you and Namjoon hyung's relationship has gotten better.  I am so happy to see you feeling better and finally see him getting better.  You know what his last relationship was like right?"  Jungkook asked, stopping to look at the older.

Jimin shook his head, his eyes locked onto Jungkook.  The younger sighed as he placed his rake on the ground as Jimin did the same.  The pair walked to the large oak tree in the front yard and sat side by side underneath of it.  Jungkook sighed as he looked straight ahead, it became evident that this even hurt him, and Jimin was not ready for the painful back story.

"About three years ago, Namjoon hyung met an Omega named Lee Jaemin.  He was without a doubt beautiful, and he had Namjoon hyung smitten.  Hyung would always do anything for the Omega, making him his favorite foods, keeping the boy entertained, he always helped Jaemin through his heats, but Jaemin...Jaemin never helped hyung through his ruts.  It was painful to hear to say the least. Jaemin would leave the house as soon as it started and Namjoon hyung would have to take pain meds to deal with his discomfort, though his body would burn through the meds too fast.  I remember once upon a time, Namjoon hyung attacked Yoongi purely because he was angry because he couldn't find them.  Yoongi took one hell of a beating, but...Yoongi knew it was because of his rut.  Either way, Jaemin would always reappear after his ruts were over.  Evidently, we learned that Jaemin never really wanted hyung, at least not for love or anything.  He was purely with hyung for his money and status and to have a dominant Alpha take care of him during his heats.  When Namjoon hyung learned this, he  disappeared, almost over night truly.  He reappeared again a year and a half ago on the front porch.  We were so excited to see him again after so long, however, he was...different, much different.  He never smiled, he always sounded bored with us, always uninterested and...and the hardest part was watching him cut himself off from Taehyung.  I mean he just basically stopped talking to Taehyung.  His eyes were always blackened and dull.  We honestly thought that Namjoon was apart of the living dead.  But, despite all the bad things, you brought out his emotions again, you brought him back to life.  We tried every thing to bring him back, but you've done it.  You made his cold heart beat again," Jungkook finished, a few stray tears falling down his cheeks.  "You brought him back."