• eighteen •

Y cuando te besé, sentí que toque el cielo.
• • •
"What?" I asked him. We were lying in his bed, only covered with his duvet. He was looking at me for minutes without saying anything. "It's rude to stare." I gently covered my scar with the palm of my hand, grinning at him.

"It ain't the scar I'm looking at." He chuckled.

"Yeah? It's a little creepy." I teased him.

"I see it from a different point of view." He said. "You see, princess Di, I thought this would never happen. You'll have to excuse me for being this smitten with you."

"Oh." I rolled to the side and leaned in. "When you put it that way, I won't hold it against you."

"I just want to see this beautiful smile every time I wake up." His thumb slid over my lower lip, stopping at the corner of my mouth. "Promise me something."

"Anything." I replied instantly.

"Don't give up on me." He almost whispered.

I gently caressed his cheek and tried my best to smile. "I have no reason to give up on you; you've done more for me than anyone I know."

He smiled and pressed a kiss on my lips. "And I'd do it again, because I love you. I can't believe I'm actually saying it again."

"I know how you feel. But it's good, it's different from before, somehow I'm hopeful. And anyone that knows me, knows I rarely hope."

"I'm glad I have that effect on you." He winked at me and squeezed me carefully.

"I love you too baby." I kissed the top of his head and wrapped my arms around him.

"How's your cheek?" He asked.

"Not well, I think it might need some spanking." I chuckled and a moment later heard him laugh.

"I mean the other one."

"The other one too, yeah." I moaned. He lifted himself up, smiling widely, flashing his perfect teeth at me.

"Let me see." He looked at my face, studying the scratch.

"So doctor, what's the diagnosis?" I asked, giving him a naughty look, biting my lower lip.

"Hmm, lots of me, I'm the actual remedy." He pressed his lips on mine, slowly starting.

"Oh yeah? Is that so?"

"Mhm." He moaned and continued kissing my neck.

"Well then, help me." I made my best helpless face.

"On it." He dove back into my cleavage and went down low. Round two, coming up.

🦋

Rakim stepped out for a while I got comfy on his couch with a cinnamon bun and a glass of cold milk. I watched a movie on tv, don't even remember when was the last time I did that alone; I didn't own a television set, the laptop was my only technological source of entertainment. After an hour, he returned home; he was a bit upset, I could sense it.

"Hey baby, what you doin'?" He sat down next to me, taking his hoodie off.

"Watching 21 jump street. Everything alright?"

"Yeah, I finally got some useful information." He told me.

"About?"

"Elise, yeah. Word on the street is it was her. She bragged to one of the dudes down on eighth, said she was gonna beat some white bitch's ass for stealing her boyfriend." He lifted his brow.

"Her boyfriend being who? You?"

"Apparently." He shrugged his shoulders.

"Wow, she really went the extra mile. What the fuck is her problem?"

"She's just jealous, baby don't worry; I'll take care of her." He assured.

"How?"

"I'm gonna call her up, talk to her face to face; she'll stop bothering you." He replied.

"And if she doesn't?"

"Then we take it to the police."

"Wow, fuck me!" I cussed. "I can't believe some bitch attacked me because she's jealous that you're with me. Un-fucking-believable!"

"Yeah, I know you're not used to it. Some hoes are pretty ratchet and completely crazy." He said.

"I never actually thought that I would have to deal with this, like... ever." I said.

"Well this is a whole another world, you gotta be careful baby." He ran his fingers through my hair.

"I noticed."

"I mean it. Extra caution, watch yourself. You don't know what some people are capable of." He said, a serious look in his eyes. I looked into them and felt it. There was something he wasn't telling me.

"And you do?" I carefully asked. He nodded and lifted himself up.

"Not now baby." He grabbed his cell. "How bout some take out?"

I wanted to say something but he already dialed the number and walked out the room. What was it?
I got up and put his silky robe on, following him to the kitchen. He was sitting on the couch with his cell in his hand. I walked over and took a seat next to him. I put my arm around him.

"Hey... did she hurt you?" I asked.
He just shook his head.

"It ain't about her. I'll tell you about it some other time, okay?" He looked at me.

I nodded. "Alright. Are you okay though?"

"I am, don't worry about me." He pulled me closer and hugged me. "I ordered chinese, that okay?"

"It's perfect, thank you for taking such good care of me." I said.

"It's good baby."

I lifted myself up.
"I'm just gonna grab some clothes from my apartment, I'll be right back." I said and grabbed the key from my bag. Walking to my door I saw the door was half open. I slowly kicked it, gazing upon the most unfortunate thing ever. Everything has been wrecked, turned over and trashed.

"Oh my fucking god!" I said to myself. I stepped out and yelled for him. "Rakim!"

"Yeah?" I heard him coming over. "What the hell happened here?" He said when he saw the mess.

"Really? I can't, I fucking can't!" I shouted out.

"Stay calm, check if anything was stolen, I'll call the cops." He said.

"Don't." I said. "I bet she is responsible for this."

"I'll call her then, go work this shit out right now."

"Yeah." I said. "But I'm coming with you."
I was determined.