✯•Prologue•✯

The lab gleamed a glorious white. It's shiny surfaces illuminated by the artificial light. The sound of wires and a web of networks sparking to life.

The large room was occupied by one man. He wore a white coat, almost blending in with his surroundings.
His fingers sped over the glowing screen in front of him.

He could feel the sweat beginning to bead at the top of his neck and roll down his spine. His breath was fast, making it more difficult for him to concentrate on the important signal he was trying to send out.

A large holograph appeared beside him. He let out a small sigh of relief, although he was far from relieved.

Another man in the form of blue pixels appeared next to him. The man was a little taller, and had a very slim frame. He wore a white lab coat, very much like the man that stood staring back at him.

"What could be so urgent that you call me at this hour?" The pixels glitch slightly, making his voice sound distorted, but still understandable.

"Dr. kim! It's about the Imperium Virus sir" he says, still breathing heavily.
The holographic man seemed to be more intrigued at the mention of the virus. "Go on".

"There has been reports and comms coming in from all over earth, complaints about the youth coming down with this disease" he rushes, reaching his hand up to wipe a bead of sweat from his forehead, before placing it back at his side.

"Impossible, we only aim for humans over the age of seventy, they must have caught some sort of flu" Dr.Kim responds, crossing his arms over his chest causing the holograph to glitch once again.

"That's the thing, the nearest med centre sent me photographs of the patients that had the symptoms, so I went down there myself to put them all at ease and assure them that it must be something else..." he takes a deep breath before carrying on.
"When I examined the patient there was no mistaking sir.".

There was a moment of silence, the only noise to be heard once again was the hum of technology that occupied every inch of the lab.

"No mistaking what?" He questioned, a new tone of worry now audible in his voice.

"I'm sorry sir, but it seems that the Virus has mutated. It no longer does as we program it to, it now has a mind of it's own"...