✯•Fifteen•✯

After Jeno and Renjun had finished their chat they put away their dirty dishes and leave the hut, making their way back towards the large fire. Renjun was quick to take a seat beside his brother, Jeno opting to sit beside Jisung.

"Woah who are the newbies!?" A voice says causing the brunette to jump in surprise. The boy had faded orange hair and sun kissed skin. Even just looking at him you could tell he had a very bright personality.

"Guys this is Donghyuck" Jeno introduces and the three boys offer a small wave and smile. "This is Renjun, Chenle and Jisung. They arrived yesterday" Jeno explains and Donghyuck nods in understanding.

"Well it's nice to meet you, I heard Jaemin talking about new camp members but you know how Jaemin can be, I didn't know if he was telling the truth or not" he laughs a little and Renjun glances over at Jeno who had seemed to focus on helping Chenle and Jisung with something. Didn't know if he was telling the truth or not? Did that mean that Jaemin was untrustworthy?

Renjun shakes the thoughts away. He was probably just overthinking everything. This was all still very new to him and he still wasn't 100% settled here.
He smiles "this place is pretty cool"

Donghyuck nods "and the safest place for miles. You can't trust technology these days. I mean you've heard about the virus right?"

The memory of his parents pops into Renjun's  mind and he quickly tried to forget about it. "Y-yeah. I had a bad feeling about the virus when they first announced it to be honest"

"Omigod you sound just like Jaemin! He literally said the exact same thing when they announced that the virus had mutated." He eyes Renjun before shrugging "well it was nice meeting you. I'll see you around" she smiles once again before running off to a boy with dark brown hair and grabbing his arm, pulling him into one of the huts. He looked familiar but Renjun couldn't remember his name.

He turns back to look at Jeno who was once again looking at him, but this time he didn't advert his gaze, only offered one of those beautiful eye smiles. "Everything okay?"

Renjun glances over at Chenle who was laughing and smiling, Jisung fondly watching him as he rambled on. His eyes move back to Jeno and he nods "yeah, everything is okay"

•••••

Renjun sat on his bed, watching Jeno and Jaemin arguing. He felt a little awkward being in the room but it was after nine o'clock and he wasn't allowed to leave. Instead he tries his best to focus on the book in his hands.

"Jaemin! Stop being stubborn!" Jeno yells, trying his best to grab ahold of the younger males arm but Jaemin kept moving back, his eyes glowing a bright red which frightened Renjun a little.

"No! It's fine leave it" he says through gritted teeth "just go to sleep". Pushing Jeno away he climbs into his bed, pulling the covers up and over his head.

Jeno sighs and wiped his face with his hand. "At least go see Doyoung about it tomorrow" his voice was pleading but was filled with worry.

"I can make decisions for myself Jeno, I'm not a machine" Jaemin mutters, rolling over in bed so he faced away from Jeno.

Renjun felt a pang if guilt. It must be awful for Jaemin, constantly thinking that everyone views him as an android rather than an actual human being.

Jeno looks over at where Renjun sat cross legged on his bed, the book open in his lap and completely forgotten about. "I'm gonna go get some fresh air" he mutters, walking over to the door and leaving the hut. It was past the curfew but he figured Jeno knew what he was doing.

Renjun glances over at Jaemin's bunk and sighs. His backpack sat, leant against the wall beside his bed and Renjun contemplates something before grabbing it and pulling out a bag of unopened sour patch kids that Chenle had given him.

"Jaemin?" He says quietly only to be met with a hum in response. "Would you like one?" He knew it wasn't much but he figured a small act of kindness was better than nothing at a time like this. Even if Jaemin completely ignored him or snapped his head off at least he had tried to be nice.

But to Renjun's surprise Jaemin climbs out of his bed and instead sits opposite Renjun. He no longer had his gloves on and his cyborg arm was on full display. The brunette barely even gave it a glance, reminding himself that Jaemin was a human after all and therefore should be treat as one.

"I'm sorry you had to see that argument" Jaemin says, his eyes focused on his lap "we tend to argue a lot, you'll get use to it".

Renjun opens the bag of candy and holds it out to Jaemin who greatfully takes one. "I know I don't know you well enough but since I got here yesterday Jeno has done nothing but tell me how amazing you are. He loves you a lot"

Jaemin laughs bitterly as he pops the candy into his mouth "Jeno isn't capable of loving anyone" his eyes change from a light blue to a deep red shade and this time Renjun can't seem to look away.

"Your eyes change colour" he points out, feeling absolutely stupid for saying it out loud.

Jaemin self consciously looks down "y-yeah, they change based on my mood, a curse really because everyone always knows how I'm feeling. They're ugly"

"No." Renjun says causing Jaemin's head to snap up "I think they're amazing! They're actually very pretty" he smiles and pops another piece of candy into his mouth.

"Really?" Jaemin asks, a little unsure of whether Renjun was being honest or not. But the elder nods, his smile only growing. "Thank you"

Renjun sees a small smile hint at Jaemin's lips and his eyes go from red to pink. "What does pink mean?"

"Pink?" Jaemin looked a little confused "they're pink?" He stands from the bed and races over to a mirror. Something passes over his features and he glances over at Renjun once again before climbing back into his own bed. "I-it means I'm tired. Goodnight"

"Goodnight" Renjun was a little confused at how their conversation was cut short but he places the candy on his nightstand and turns off the light, allowing himself to get comfortable before drifting off to sleep.