✯•Thirty-Four•✯-Final

The sound of yelling seems to wake Donghyuck. He lifts his head from his pillow, squinting his eyes in the dark room. After feeling around for a moment he finds the lamp switch, illuminating the room just enough for him to glance over at Mark who was also sat up in bed, rubbing at his tired eyes.
"What the fuck is all the noise for?" Donghyuck mumbles, pushing his bedsheets off his body.

Mark only shrugs and pulls a hoodie over his head "I have no idea but I'm gonna shut them up". The elder slides his feet into his shoes, opening the cabin door.

Donghyuck was quick to follow, grabbing a jacket and pulling on his sneakers before rushing outside with Mark.

The whole damn camp was awake.

Everyone had left their cabins to see where all the yelling was coming from. The younger glances around, looking for the closest person to ask. He moves over to the neighbouring cabin, grabbing Renjun's arm and spinning him around.
"What's going on?"

The brunette shrugs just as Mark had done "I'm not sure, Jeno ran off to Doyoung's cabin and told me and Jaemin to stay put but I don't know where Jaemin has gone either" he explains, crossing his arms over himself to shield from the frosty night air.

"Come on" Donghyuck says, pulling Renjun along with him as he walks past Mark, towards Doyoung's cabin.

Unfortunately that's as far as he got before being stopped.

"You have to stay here" Taeyong instructs the small crowd of camp members that was beginning to gather around.

"What the hell is going on?!" Jaehyun asks "it's two in the morning!".

The leader swallows, looking down at the ground before looking up, obvious tears welling up in his eyes. The crowd of boys seemed to quieten down a little, a tension rising in the air.

Donghyuck's heart drops slightly, silently praying this wasn't what he thought it was.

"T-there's um-" Taeyong starts, pausing to compose himself properly "a fellow camp member, h-he um" at this point he wasn't hiding the tears as one rolled down his cheek, although he was quick to wipe it away "he's got the Virus".

A few people gasp at this, others turn away to hide their faces and their own tears.

Donghyuck feels a hand slip into his own, squeezing it tightly. He knew it was Mark, it was impossible to forget that familiar touch.
His eyes scan the crowd, trying to look at everyone's faces to figure out who was missing but it was difficult in the lack of light.

He watches as Jeno practically wraps Renjun up in his arms, leading him back towards their cabin.

"Who is it?" The redhead eventually asks "who's in there?"
He knew everyone was thinking it yet no one wanted to ask.

Taeyong bit down on his bottom lip, obviously trying his best not to get emotional. Donghyuck has never seen their leader like this before, he was usually so in control and calm, yet the man stood in front of them right now seemed just like the rest of them. Scared.

Before he could answer, the cabin door opens and Yuta races out, tears staining his face . "Can we please take him to a revival centre?" He begs, practically shaking Taeyong by his shoulders "please, I-I need him"

At this point, Mark had his arms wrapped around Donghyuck's waist almost protectively, and Donghyuck held onto him just as tightly.

"If I could I would" Taeyong says, his voice wavering slightly "you know you can't be revived after the Virus"

Seeing Yuta completely break down was enough for Donghyuck to feel a lump form in his throat as he desperately wanted tried not to cry. He knew it was only a matter of time before something like this happened although no amount of time would have ever made the camp ready for this.

"Mark?" He whispers, looking up at the older boy who looked just as upset as everyone else "can we go back to the cabin?"

Mark averts his gaze from their leader comforting the heartbroken boy.
He nods, the tears glistening in his irises "yeah, come on" he slides his hand down to Donghyuck's lower back, gently pushing him forward towards their cabin.

As soon as they step inside and the door was closed, Donghyuck was quick to wrap his arms around Mark, hugging him tightly, burying his face in his neck. He feels Mark lead them over to his bed. "You should get some sleep Hyuck" the elder says, waiting for the redhead to let go but Donghyuck doesn't move.

He looks up at Mark, reaching his hand up and cupping his cheek with his hand. "C-can I sleep in your bed?" He asks quietly "w-with you?"

It's weird how all this time he'd been keeping his distance from Mark, trying not to show any real affection to Mark, but right now all he wanted was for Mark to hold him and tell him everything would be alright.

Mark doesn't answer, all he does is scoop Donghyuck off his feet, moving over to his own bed and laying him down before he climbs in beside him. They were quick to pull the covers up to their necks.

They stare at one another for a moment, neither of them saying anything. It was just like how it use to be.

Without even thinking, Donghyuck shuffles closer, his lips ghosting over Mark's. Thankfully Mark closes the gap, kissing the younger boy gently.

It was the first real kiss they'd had in a long time and it felt...amazing.

"Mark I'm sorry-"
Before he could finish Mark cuts him off, pressing a finger to his soft lips.

"You were right Hyuck" he says, shocking the younger a little.

"W-What?"

Mark allows his arm to drape itself over Donghyuck's waist, pulling him closer to him.
He sighs, his other hand coming up to stroke the younger boys faded orange locks of hair. "I was wrong, turns out the Virus can reach all of us" his voice was calm and Donghyuck wasn't in the mood to have another argument over this, especially after what had just happened. "After seeing Yuta out there, loosing Sicheng, it made me think of how I would feel if I ever lost you"

Donghyuck feels his heart sink, he understood what Mark was saying. As much as they argued, they still loved each other.

"A world without you is not a world I wanna live in, Hyuck" he says, placing  another kiss to his temple "we need to stop this Virus".

Donghyuck's eyes widen and he sits up a little, staring at the boy beside him. "W-What are you saying?"

Mark props himself up on his elbows. A moment of silence passes and Donghyuck can hear his blood pumping in his ears and he was sure Mark could hear it too.

"I'm saying...I'll come to New York with you" he reaches for Donghyuck's hand, lacing their fingers together "I'll help cut off earths network system".

•••••
A/N: bet yall didn't think that would be the end