✯•Five•✯

"We were on our way to the airport when people in the cars in front started catching it, and then our parents caught it" Renjun explains, filling Jeno in on what had happened.

"That's unlucky" Jeno's voice held no sympathy as he spoke and Renjun could feel the irritation bubbling inside of him.
"Did you not hear what happened?"

"W-what?" The brunette says, suddenly incredibly intrigued in where this conversation was going.

"About the Crept Virus, please tell me you heard?" Jeno looked genuinely shocked as he tried his best to concentrate on the road ahead.
Renjun only shakes his head.
"It mutated. Kills everyone now no matter how young or old"

"What!" Chenle and Renjun both say in unison. Their eyes as wide as saucers.

"Pass me your hand" Jeno says and Renjun's brow furrows as he cradled his wrist close to him.

"Why, what are you going to do?" He asks as he looks down at the glowing band under his skin. His parents had always warned him and Chenle about people scanning their wrists without permission. A persons micro chip held everything about them. Their money, their location, their family history, even someone's biggest weakness could be found from just a swipe of the wrist.

"Don't worry I'm not going to rob you of your rights, I just need to check something" Jeno assures and Renjun reluctantly holds his arm out, cringing as Jeno takes his hand in his own, his blue eyes moving from the road briefly to look at the glowing band. He drops his hand and sighs. "I'm guessing your brother is the same"

"W-what are you talking about?" Renjun stutters, bringing his hand back to his chest and examining it self consciously.

"You both still have your micro chips" he says ignoring the look that Renjun and Chenle share. Before Renjun could question further Jeno holds out his own wrist to show the boy's. A small white scar stretched across his pale skin just below his palm.

"You cut it out?"
Renjun asks as he pulls Jeno's hand closer to him for a closer look. "Why?"

"I didn't want anyone tracking me down. I cut it out and snapped it in half" he shrugs, allowing the small silence to fill the car once again.
Renjun gently lets go of his hand watching as Jeno moves it back to the wheel.
"That's how the Virus catches you. Your chip"

The brunette watches his younger brother as he looks down at his own glowing band, a small amount of fear visible in his eyes.

"We're not cutting them out" Renjun states, shuffling in his seat and staring out of the tinted windows. Neon lights and signs blurring as they speed past.

"I never told you to"

•••••

Around an hour had passed and the silence of the car had been filled with Chenle's quiet snores. Renjun felt himself nodding off from time to time but wouldn't let himself sleep. There was still something about Jeno that made him uneasy.

It had already started to get dark and the roads were ghostly now. Hardly any cars to be seen.
"How much longer until I get home?" Renjun asks, filling the silence, his eyes still glued to the window.

"Probably another hour or so, why?" Jeno replies, his own eyes focused on the road.

Renjun sighs and looks towards the raven haired boy. "Lets pull over. We can carry on tomorrow" he says, shocking Jeno a little.

"Why? I thought you were desperate to get home"

"I am, but I don't want you falling asleep and crashing the car. There would be no one around to send us to revival" he mutters, earning a nod from Jeno as he feels the car speed up.

"We're about ten minutes away from the city, we can find somewhere to stay the night" Jeno says, a hint of a smile on his lips.

Renjun kept his eyes on Jeno for a moment. The way the lights from the dashboard illuminated his face and made his features more prominent. He was handsome no doubt about that.

As they neared the city the car didn't seem as dark as before. Each and every building was covered in bright lights of all colours. A whole rainbow of neon and fluorescent lights.
He'd never been into the city before, he was rather content on staying in his small neighbourhood outside of Seoul. He didn't like the crowds of people, the androids creep him out and he also didn't like the overhead taxi services. The fact that they built separate roads for taxi's and that they are suspended 60 feet in the air made him panic about them breaking and falling.

He's snapped from his thoughts when the car suddenly stops outside of a large building. It was at least twenty floors high, most of it being made up of glass windows and large holographic advertising screens. He strains his eyes to read the lights above the automatic doors.

The Vertex Hotel.

He prayed it wasn't expensive. He had some money with him but not much.

"Come on" Jeno says, opening his door and climbing out.

Renjun turns and rests a hand against Chenle's leg shaking him awake. "Come on Lele"

The blonde jumps awake, looking around the car in a daze like state. "Are we home?"

"Not yet, we're staying in the city tonight, we'll be home tomorrow" he explains only to earn a nod from Chenle before he removes his belt and grabs his bag.
They both jump out of the car, shivering at the drop in temperature.

They start walking closer to the entrance, pulling on their jackets tightly trying to cling onto any bit of warmth they could. This weather was expected in early January.

The warmth of the hotel lobby was refreshing as they make their way closer to the counter. A smiling android with glowing eyes stood behind the large metallic desk causing Renjun to mentally scream.
"Good evening, welcome to the Vertex Hotel, how can I help you?" Her bland robotic voice asks once they stood before it.

"One room please" Jeno says causing the brunette to scoff.

"Two rooms" Renjun corrects "one double one single". No way was he shearing a room with Jeno, for all he knew he could steal all of their money when they slept. He stole a car so why wouldn't he steal their stuff.

The android nods, tapping a holographic net screen in front of her before holding out a scan pad. Renjun lifts his wrist up and places it down on the cool surface, watching the band begin to glow once again.
"Your room information has been transferred to your micro chip" she says and the three boys thank her before moving away.

"You're going to have to unlock my room now" Jeno points out and Renjun only nods, taking Chenle's hand as they step inside the glass elevator pressing the eighteenth floor. They speed upwards, watching each floor they pass before the elevator comes to a stop.

Renjun storms down the hallways and unlocks Jeno's door with a swipe of his wrist. "There,
Goodnight" he mutters, pushing past the raven haired boy before unlocking his own door and pulling his brother inside.