✯•Twenty-Nine•✯

Once they got back to the camp, Renjun was quick to jump out the car and run for the gates. Jeno watches as Jaemin moves from the control hut to make sure Renjun was okay but the brunette only took steps away.

Jeno had noticed the the whole way home Renjun had kept quiet, trying his best to keep his tears at bay until they got back where he could grieve for the man from the hotel in private. Jeno wasn't in the position to judge him. Renjun was very clearly still grieving the death of his parents, it was best if he was just left alone.

He gets out the car and grabs the black backpack from the backseat which contained the supplies the camp needed. He makes his way to the gate, noticing the confused look that Jaemin gave him. "Just open the gate"

Jaemin hesitates but eventually disappears back into the hut, opening up the gates. Renjun looks up at Jeno and for a heartbeat their eyes meet before Renjun rushes off into the camp.

"Is he okay?" Jaemin asks and Jeno nods. Renjun would be fine and he knew this. From what he knew of the boy it seemed like he was a pretty strong individual. However, he didn't think it would do his night terrors any good.

"There was this...Virus incident" And that's all Jeno had to say for Jaemin to understand completely.

Neither of them said anything for a moment until Jaemin brings a hand up to gently rest against Jeno's shoulder "are you okay?"

"Me? Of course why wouldn't I be?" His reply came out in an almost defensive manor although he never intended it to.

Jaemin shrugs, letting his hand fall away from Jeno's shoulder "just making sure" he offers a smile "you know you don't always have to act so tough right?"

Jeno's eyes narrow as he studied Jaemin for a moment "I know, but I'm not acting." He begins to walk closer to the open gates "where's Donghyuck?" He asks just before Jaemin was out of hearing distance.

"His cabin probably".

Jeno doesn't bother thanking Jaemin as he continues to walk into the camp, the gates crashing closed behind him. He was still incredibly angered at the fact Donghyuck had began to brainwash Chenle into believing they could save the world. Him and Doyoung has been told months ago by Taeyong to stop, yet they obviously hadn't taken the order seriously.

He makes it to cabin 5, walking through the open door only to find Mark sat on the edge of his bed, head buried in a book. The elder boy looks up when hearing footsteps and he offers Jeno a smile. "Hey" he says in a cheerful tone but Jeno was anything but cheerful.

"Where's Hyuck?" He asks, getting straight to the point and dismissing any small talk that may occur.

Marks expression changes when hearing the boys name "with Doyoung, where else would he be?" His tone was bitter and Jeno knew exactly why.

With a small nod as a thank you, Jeno turns and storms over to cabin 4, not even bothering to knock as he opens the door and barges in. And he had very clearly barged in at the wrong moment.

Bingo.

The curtain on the far wall was wide open, revealing all the pictures and newspaper articles, map locations, anything and everything linked to that damn Virus.
Doyoung seemed completely unphased by Jeno's entrance, probably because he knew he was of higher authority, but Donghyuck looked petrified. He had been caught and he knew it.

Without even thinking what he was doing, Jeno moves forward, gripping Donghyuck by the collar of his shirt and pinning him up against the wall. "What the hell do you think you're doing" he growls, his anger finally getting too much for him to handle.

Donghyuck desperately tried to get out of Jeno's grip but it was no use "don't act like you didn't already know we were still doing this" the younger boy scoffs, trying to sound a little braver than he truly was.

"You should have kept Chenle out of it, I can't believe you'd be cruel enough to fill his head with false hope" he roughly shoves Donghyuck, letting go of his collar and taking a step back although he was still furious.

"Who said it was false hope? Nothing we told him was a lie" Doyoung butts in, leaning against the desk and crossing his arms, pushing his glasses up onto his head.

Jeno laughs in disbelief "you do realise what you are planning to do is impossible, you can't do it!" He yells in frustration, not understanding why they couldn't see how utterly ridiculous this whole plan of theirs was.

"Yes we can" unlike Jeno, Doyoung's voice remains calm as he spoke "we switch off the global network system, deprive the earth of all power, and then, hour by hour, country by country all forms of technology will be completely shut down, along with the virus"

Jeno felt almost sick just listening to them "do you know what else gets shut down? The worlds telecommunications, its water supplies, its defence networks, everything on this planet that carries the lifeblood of an elcectronic society will die!" He snaps, trying to calm himself down "you know what else dies?" He waits for either of them to answer but all they do is glance towards one another, not knowing what to say. "Jaemin. Jaemin dies, and he should be more then enough of a reason why this fucked up plan of yours can't happen!"

"This Virus will wipe out all of humanity if we let it carry on!" Donghyuck yells, only adding fuel to Jeno's already blazing fire.

"Then let it!" He snaps "it was only a matter of time before humanity was wiped out anyway. How ironic it will be when they realise they formed their own demise" with that Jeno turns and storms out of the hut, slamming the door behind himself.

He knew he was being harsh, he also knew that with careful thought their plan would actually work, but it wasn't worth the risk. It was infuriating how Donghyuck and Doyoung hadn't realised this too.

Jeno takes a deep breath to try and calm himself down before making his way back to his own cabin. The most important thing right now was making sure Renjun was okay.