✯•Seventeen•✯

"Mum what's happening!" Chenle yells, tears streaming down his face. He watches as men dressed in white coats cover his brothers unconscious body.

An hour ago him and Renjun were playing games on the net screen, he had seemed completely fine.

"Chenle honey come on, let's not get in the men's way" his mother says, taking his hand and leading him into Chenle's bedroom, closing the door behind her.
It was eerily quiet in the bedroom compared to the chaos outside.

"He's dead isn't he?"

His mother tenses slightly and almost looked angry. "You know fine well people don't die these days".

"But right now he's dead?" He repeats, his eyes not moving away from his mum and she sits with her head in her hands.

He knew the reason she was stressed was because she needed to pay for the revival, she didn't care about the fact her son had tried to kill himself.
"Don't worry about it, he'll be home by tomorrow night". She mutters, standing up and leaving the room.

Chenle hears the turn of the lock and quickly sprints to the door. "Mum! Let me out!!" He screams, his fits thrashing against the wooden surface and his hand going red from trying to turn the handle.

He races over to the window and watches his brothers body be dumped into the back of a van, no respect for the way they handled him.

The tears flow down his face as the van drives off, his parents getting into their own car and following behind.
"Is life really so bad, hyung?"

Chenle wakes with a start, his breathing heavy and his eyes were damp, a sure sign he had been crying.
He looks over to the bed beside his own only to see that it was empty. The sheets were neatly made up and Jisung's pyjamas were folded at the bottom of the bed.

With a shaky breath Chenle pulls off the covers and lazily changes into some fresh clothes. He was still very shaken from his dream and wanted nothing more than to check up on his older brother. Of course he knew Renjun could look after himself, but in a place where they didn't use revival centres it had put Chenle a little on edge.

He attempts to make his bed but after tripping over the sheets twice he gives up, he'd only be getting back into it later anyway and he really wasn't in any fit state of mind to be straightening out bedsheets.
The day was sunny but a hazy fog had seemed to settle over the camp giving off an unsettling vibe.

Chenle follows the sent of burning wood before he stood in front the large camp fire. Everything seemed so much more duller than the morning before, although it could also be that his mood is a little dull. The bad dream had seemed to cast a shadow over him for the rest of the day.

"Chenle!" A voice yells causing the blonde to jump in surprise when feeling a hand rest against his shoulder. Quickly he stumbles away, completely startled by the simple action. His breath was heavy and he couldn't understand why he felt so on edge all of a sudden.
He defensively wraps his arms around himself before letting his gaze settle on a rather confused looking Jisung. "I-I'm sorry I didn't mean to scare you" he stutters, reaching out for Chenle once again but he flinches away "Are you okay?"

Chenle takes a moment to regulate his breathing before frantically looking around as best he could in the misty camp. "Renjun" he mutters "I want Renjun where is he?" He asks, still keeping his distance from Jisung.

The younger boys eyes narrow a little, almost as if he was trying to figure something out "He's in his hut with Jeno"

With that Chenle sprints off in the direction of his brothers hut, not even thanking Jisung. He trips a little as he runs but steadies himself before he could fall.
Almost as soon as he got there he was banging on the door. Within seconds a panicked Jeno swings it open only for Chenle to push past him and launch himself into his brothers arms, breaking down into a pool of tears.

He feels Renjun hug him tightly and it brought comfort to know his brother was okay. "Lele what's wrong?" Renjun asks, the worry was evident in his tone. He didn't like worrying his brother.

He buries his face into his brothers shoulder, knowing he was going to leave tear stains "I-I had a bad dream" he sobs, his voice muffled but Renjun seemed to understand him fine.

Chenle hears Renjun whisper something across the room, followed by the sound of the door closing which he figured was Jeno leaving the two alone to have some privacy.
Renjun sits Chenle on his bed, his hand running up and down his back comfortingly. "What was the dream?"

The blonde sniffles a little, taking a moment to calm himself down before answering his brothers question. "Y-you. Your suicide, and w-when mum and dad wouldn't let me see you and-"
Before he could finish, Renjun had pulled him into another hug.

"You don't need to think about that anymore" he assures but Chenle shakes his head, pulling away from the hug and wiping his damp eyes with the sleeves of his shirt.

He looks over at Renjun, it was more than obvious he was trying his best to hold in his own tears but Chenle didn't point it out. "But there's no revival-"

"I'm not going to do it again Lele" Renjun interrupts again "remember that promise I made to you?"
Chenle thinks for a moment, his mind going back to the time when Renjun has been so weak, nothing like his strong and brave older brother that sat in front of him right now. He nods slowly and Renjun forces a smile. "I don't break promises Chenle you know that"

That was true. Renjun never broke promises, and he never made promises he couldn't keep. "I love you hyung" he whispers, allowing himself to shuffle on the bed and lay his head in Renjun's lap. This was a habit of his when he got upset. The feeling of someone soothingly combing their fingers through this curly blonde locks seemed to ease him.

Renjun smiles down at him " I love you too Lele but you've got nothing to worry about...I promise"