✯•Twenty•✯

At supper Chenle hesitantly takes a seat beside Jisung. He wasn't even sure if Jisung wanted to see him or speak to him. They didn't have anything to talk about anymore. But Chenle found himself longing for the friendship they had when they first arrived at the camp. The fact they barely knew each other yet relied on one another so much. He needed that back. He also wanted Jisung to have the reassurance that Chenle was there for him no matter what.

Jisung looks up from the table, spotting Chenle and he offers a small smile. It was pretty noisy at the table due to so many different conversations going on at the same time, but Chenle tries his best to block that all out and focus only on the boy beside him. He thinks for a moment, trying to come up with something to say.

This was the problem he had found himself having, not knowing how to start a conversation.

The two only stare at one another until Chenle sighs, shuffling a little closer to the younger and resting his head on his shoulder, letting his hands cling to Jisung's arm tightly. "I'm doing this because I don't know what to say" he admits and hears Jisung let out a breathy laugh at his actions.

It felt nice to hold someone like that. Sure he could hug Renjun but this felt different. Renjun only seemed to give him reassurance. However, Jisung made him feel safe, happy and he was able to make his heart flutter ever so slightly.

"Are you okay?" Jisung finally asks. The younger lifts his hand up, he hesitates for a moment before resting it atop Chenle's knee, giving it a small squeeze.
The action made Chenle smile, his eyes closing as he makes himself comfier, burying his head further into Jisung's neck.

He gently nods, his fluffy blonde hair tickling Jisung's cheek. "I'm okay. I just-" he knew what he wanted to say, but the thought of making things uncomfortable between them caused him to pause. He knew Jisung wouldn't mind, they were friends after all. "-miss you I guess"

At this Jisung moves away, his eyes widen a little. "You do?" Chenle didn't know why he seemed so shocked. Had he really just assumed Chenle didn't bother thinking about him. Heck he could never seem to get Jisung off his mind.
"-I mean I miss you too but- but you've already made so many new friends here" he says, looking down, his voice a little quieter "I didn't think you needed me anymore".

It took a lot for Chenle to keep his jaw from dropping. So Jisung really did think he was heartless. "Jisung I'll always need you"

"Really?"

The elder smiles and nods "of course. I can make hundreds of new friends but none of them could compare to you" he reaches over and hugs Jisung once again "we've been through a lot together. You're important to me Jisung"

When Chenle was about to pull away, he feels Jisung's grip on him tighten. That action alone was enough to make his heart to skip a beat. "I'm sorry I just wanna stay like this a little longer" Jisung whispers, resting his chin on Chenle's shoulder, enjoying the warm embrace of his friend.

It was the first time they had shared a moment like this since the night they spoke about their parents. The familiar feel of Jisung providing comfort once again.

Chenle suddenly spots his brother sat at a different table, a small smile on his lips which Chenle returns. It was the first time in a while he had felt truly happy.

•••••
A/N: this was short I'm sorry!