✯•Twenty-Eight•✯

When Jeno gets back to the hotel he was relieved to see Renjun sleeping peacefully in the large double bed, the sheets bundled up around his small frame.

Jeno takes a few steps closer to the large window, pressing a button and watching as a silk curtain makes it's way across, blocking out the bright city lights.
Thankfully Jeno had already taken a shower which meant he could just climb straight into bed.

He was carful not to disturb Renjun, keeping a respectable distance between their bodies in the bed. It had been a while since he had shared a bed with anyone and he was starting to wonder whether they should have gone for the two singles.

The younger unintentionally turned on his side, examining Renjun's face as he slept peacefully, his mouth slightly agape and his breathing slow and even. At this point Jeno was pretty much admiring Renjun. The way the shadows make his delicate features stand out, the way his dark brown hair flopped over one of his closed eyes. Jeno reaches forward and carefully pushes the strand of hair back, tucking it behind Renjun's ear.

Suddenly, the smaller male stirred in his sleep, his tired eyes opening only a little and looking over at Jeno. The sleepy boy laughs a little, closing his eyes once again and pulling the bed sheets up to his neck. "Why do I always catch you staring at me like that" he mutters, allowing one of his eyes to open just enough to see Jeno.

"W-What?" Jeno asks, suddenly feeling a litttle stupid for watching Renjun whilst he slept and getting caught.

"I keep catching you looking at me like that" Renjun repeats, his words a little slurred due to his sleepy state "I like it though" he adds, offering a smile which gave Jeno no choice but to smile back.
Renjun takes Jeno's hand and pulls on it a little "You'll fall off if you sleep on the edge of the bed, come closer" he insists and Jeno hesitantly moves closer, unintentionally tensing a little when Renjun snuggles close to his chest. "Goodnight Jeno".

The younger wasn't sure he could hear over how loud his heart was beating. His chest felt tight and his stomach felt uneasy but...in a good way? He smiles a little giddily to himself as he allows his own arms to wrap protectively around Renjun's small frame, adoring the way this only made the elder move closer.

"Goodnight Renjun" he whispers, hesitating for a moment before placing a small kiss to Renjun's temple.
•••••
When Jeno finally wakes up he notices that Renjun is still curled up by his side, his face buried in his chest. It took a moment for Jeno to remember where he was but once he did he was quick to jump out of the bed, racing into the bathroom.

He was silently praying that Renjun didn't think that their night of being close and cuddly meant anything. It's not that Jeno didn't enjoy it but the last thing anyone needed right now were feelings. They lived in a camp full of outcasts that have distanced themselves from mainstream society, on top of that there were a handful of camp members that had convinced themselves they could cure a mutated virus.

Feelings weren't needed right now, although Jeno couldn't seem to get over the fact that his heart still felt almost heavy in his chest.

He tried to ignore it, stripping off his clothes and taking a quick shower before drying himself and pulling his underwear and pants back on. When he exits the bathroom Renjun was sat up in the bed, the sheets pooled around his hips and his shirt slouching of one of his narrow shoulders. "Morning" Jeno mutters as he pulls his own shirt over his head.

Renjun remained quiet for a moment, hugging his knees to his chest. "I'm sorry" he says quietly which catches Jeno's attention "I'm sorry for not believing you when you said you didn't steal money"

Jeno internally cringed at the words. Was this pity? Was Renjun pitying him because the only way for him to get money was to sell his body? The sooner Renjun understood that Jeno didn't care the better. "It's fine, you should know I don't lie though" he shrugs, noticing his car keys placed on the bedside table. "Hurry up and get dressed. I'm going down to the lobby to pay for the room you can meet me down there, we'll get the supplies we need and then get back to the camp". He instructs and Renjun only nods before crawling out of the bed and hurrying off into the bathroom.

Jeno grabs his keys and jacket before leaving the room. He was desperate to get back to camp. He intended on having an important conversation with a certain red haired boy when he got there.

The elevator played the usual disturbing tune that most elevators play, although the humming of the bright lights seemed to drown out the sound. It made Jeno sick to the stomach, at least back at the camp there was such thing as peace and quiet.

Finally, he reaches the lobby and approaches the android stood behind the large glass desk. "I need to pay for the room" he says, watching the android scan his face and process the information.

"Room 405, do you have the room key?" It asks in its always disturbing monotone voice. Jeno pulls the small silver disk from his pocket and slides it over the counter, watching as a scanner emerges from the androids arm "please scan identification Chip to complete payment"

Jeno curses under his breath but keeps calm. "Unfortunately I don't have any money in my account, I only have cash, can I still pay cash?" He was silently praying that the android would say yes. Only a handful of places accepted cash and Jeno was hoping this was one of them.

"I'm sorry, we only take Identification Chip transactions" the android replies and Jeno's heart sinks ever so slightly, but he forces a smile to his lips, a plan already forming in his mind.

"No problem, I'll just wait for my friend to come down and he can pay for the room on his chip".
The Android points towards a small waiting area with strange looking plastic couches that seemed to glow a light blue colour.

He takes a seat, his eyes not once leaving the elevator as he waits for Renjun to come down.

Thankfully he wasn't waiting for very long.

Jeno got to his feet, walking over to Renjun, they were going to have to run quickly to get away from the android, but Jeno's car was parked out front and they didn't have any bags to slow them down. They could do this.

Before Jeno could even reach for Renjun's hand, a man walks into the lobby and stands by the front desk, completely occupying the android. Jeno's eyes narrow a little when something seemed a little off and by the gasp that came from Renjun he guessed he had noticed it too.

Red and blue blotches began to appear on the mans neck, making their way down and disappearing behind the collar of his suit.

Jeno didn't know whether to feel relieved or disturbed. Either way this was their chance to make a run for it.
They watch as the man collapses to the ground, streams of scarlet flowing from his nose and eyes. The android seemed to go into a frenzy, completely occupied with scanning the mans ID chip and calling for medical assistance.

"Come on" Jeno says, grabbing Renjun's hand and pulling him towards the exit.

It was obvious the brunette was reluctant to leave, the guilt of abandoning his own parents when they had been targeted by the virus seemed to weigh heavily on his conscience. But right now wasn't the time to feel guilt.

"Renjun come on we need to leave" Jeno says, pulling hard on the boys hand which finally seemed to shake Renjun back to reality.

They run out of the building and jump straight into the car, watching the chaos of medbots begin to file into the hotel lobby, any moment now the hotel would go into lockdown and they didn't want to be anywhere near it when it did.

Jeno starts the car and races off down the busy street, the sound of sirens seeming to drown out the sound of their heavy breathing. He glances over at Renjun, noticing the tears brimming his eyes.

Without even thinking about what he was doing, Jeno reaches over and laces his fingers with Renjun's, keeping his other hand firmly on the wheel. "There was nothing we could have done to help, you know that" he says softly, hoping Renjun was listening. "That mans blood is on the governments hands not ours"

Renjun nods slowly, squeezing Jeno's hand as he desperately tried to wipe away his tears before they could fall. The sight seemed to sting Jeno's heart a little but he ignores it, allowing Renjun to hold his hand for as long as he needed.

"Let's get the supplies and get back to the camp,okay?" He asks softly, only earning another weak nod from the older boy.

"O-okay".