✯•Nineteen•✯

"Here you go" Renjun says as he hands Chenle yet another large pile of clean laundry "that's for cabin three". Chenle nods in understanding before turning and leaving the shower hut. They had been doing these jobs for two days now and Chenle was already bored of it. One advantage it had was that he seemed to get to meet a lot more of the camp members, and he had memorised who lived in which hut. Thankfully this pile was for hut 3 which meant he got to see Lucas.

Lucas was also Chinese and Chenle had become friends with him pretty quickly. This was obviously due to the fact that they spoke the same language, but also because Lucas was incredibly easy to talk to.

Although both Chenle and Jisung had been given a shared job, they didn't get to see each other much. Usually one was on their break when the other was still working. This meant they only got to see each other on an evening at supper and back at the cabin. They weren't drifting away but they were starting to notice an increase in awkward silences when they were alone. Chenle didn't really mind it much though since he had other things on his mind.

At first glance, this camp had seemed a friendly place, although it had take him a few days to settle in, he still felt safe. But that feeling of safety was wavering each day. Upon further observation he had began to notice rather strange things. He had also become increasingly suspicious of certain camp members.

Doyoung and Donghyuck to be exact.

He had noticed that when he knocked on the door to cabin 4, there seemed to be a longer delay in opening the door. When he enters he notices the large white curtain that covered the wall. At first he didn't think anything of it, but he soon found out that the only other person that seemed to be allowed to see what was behind it was Donghyck.

Chenle could very well just be overthinking it all too much, but he's seen the disappointed looks Mark seems to have every time he looks at Donghyuck, which more or less confirmed his suspicions that something was going on.

The blonde quickly stops his mind from wandering any further as he approaches cabin 3. It was pretty normal for most members to have their cabin doors open during the day, only locking them on a night time. But Chenle still knocks twice on the open door before entering. Lucas gives him a big smile as ushers him into the cabin.

The other two members that lived in cabin 3, Kun and Jungwoo, were also there, although they seemed a bit too occupied with looking through books, a large stack slowly building up beside them.

"What are they doing?" Chenle asks, nodding over to where the two boys were sprawled out on the bed.

"They had a disagreement over something, since there's no internet they're looking through all the books they can find to see who's right" Lucas explains and Chenle nods in understanding. "I'd help them out but we both know reading isn't my thing"

Chenle laughs at this before dropping the pile of clean laundry onto one of the beds. "There you go" he says and Lucas thanks him but a yell causes them both to jump slightly.

"See i told you I was right!" Kun beams, shoving the book into Jungwoo's face which only caused him to pout.

"Damnit" the younger mutters, slamming his book shut and adding it onto the top of the pile.

"Anyway, I'm going to get going" Chenle says, moving back towards the door "see you at supper hyung" and with that he was off, making his way back to the shower hut.

He hoped he would get given a better job next time. Although he'd much rather be delivering clean laundry than cleaning the shower cubicles and toilets like Jaemin. Chenle still didn't like this job though.

"That was fast" Renjun says when he spots his younger brother walking back into the dryer room. This is also a job Chenle wouldn't want to do. The room was always boiling hot, and the steam from the boilers seemed to dampen the air which also didn't help the fact that they had to hang up the wet laundry to dry. Washing lines were strung up around the room like bunting. Chenle thought it would be much more efficient if they hung it up outside but he didn't bring this up. He didn't know how Renjun was even capable of staying in there all day. "These clothes are still a little damp, wanna come with me to get a drink" he asks, pushing his brown hair back off his sweaty body. He honestly looked like he was going to pass out.

"Yeah come on" Chenle says and practically drags his brother out of the room and out into the fresh air. Thankfully the dining hut wasn't far and Chenle forced Renjun to sit down outside whilst he went to get him a glass of water. The blonde practically sprinted towards the water fountain, filling the glass with ice cold water before binging it back out for his brother.

Renjun downs it in one go and moves to lie down on the cool grass, letting it cool his body down. "That place is a death trap" he mutters, resting his arm over his eyes to protect them from the low afternoon sun. Chenle couldn't argue with that.

Suddenly, a shadow covers Renjun's body, blocking all the sun. They both glance up to see Jeno stood over them with a confused look on his face. "What's wrong with you?" He asks, gently nudging Renjun's arm with his foot.

"I'm overheated, I think I might die" he exaggerates, which only causes Jeno to look even more confused than he was before. He shifts his gaze over to Chenle in hopes of a more realistic explanation as to why Renjun was sprawled out on the grass.

"He's been in the laundry room all day" Chenle says and only then did a look of understanding cross over Jeno's features. He moves and sits down on the grass beside Chenle.

"You get use to it" he shrugs "also you might want to wear more suitable clothes tomorrow" he adds, observing Renjun's long sleeved white t-shirt and jeans.

Renjun finally sits up and shakes his head. "Heck no, I don't have the body for tank tops and sorts" he mutters which only earns a shrug from Jeno.

"Fine, i guess you'll just die from heat exhaustion"