✯•Twenty-One•✯

Usually Chenle wasn't the type to let curiosity get the better of him, but in some situations he just couldn't help himself. It had been little over two weeks since he started getting suspicious of Donghyuck and Doyoung. Watching them go in and out of cabin 4, constantly looking over their shoulder. Chenle had lost count of how many times he had heard Mark and Donghyuck arguing.

It was a miracle he had stayed away for as long as he had, but now he just couldn't help it. He needed to know what was going on in that cabin. He needed to know what they were hiding behind that curtain.

He'd tried asking Mark about why he was always yelling at Donghyuck but Mark only ruffled Chenle's hair and told him not to worry. Chenle wasn't worried, he was just simply curious.

That's why he stood in front of Cabin 4. It was dark out and way past 9. Thankfully Jisung falls asleep pretty quickly which meant it was easy for him to sneak out.
He knew for a fact Donghyuck snuck out of his cabin at night to come here, he'd watched out of the window many times.

He had prepared himself for a scolding or just to be turned away but for some reason he just had to know.
Chenle takes a few deep breaths before lifting his hand up and knocking once. In such a quiet camp, that one simple knock sounded incredibly loud.

He waits one...

Two...

Three...

Four...

Five seconds before hearing the click of the lock and seeing the door open just a crack. A head pops around the door and a pair of eyes land on Chenle. He hears the person let out a sigh of relief before the door opens a little more.

Donghyuck smiles at Chenle who returns it. "I don't think I'm very well, I didn't want to wake Jisung so I came to see Doyoung" he lies, only earning a nod from the orange haired boy who opens the door wider for him to come in.

Just as he had expected, the curtain was closed, covering the entire wall. "Hyung!" Donghyuck yells once the door was closed, causing Chenle to jump at the sudden loudness. "Chenle says he's ill".

The curtain moves slightly and Doyoung comes out, instantly pulling on a white lab coat. He smiles at the blonde and nods over to the white hospital bed that was set up in the corner of the room. It was weird how his cabin seemed to be split in two. One side looking more like a doctors practice, whereas the other side looked just like all of the other cabins.

Chenle shuffles his way over to the bed and takes a seat, his legs dangling off the edge. His eyes were focused on the curtain and Doyoung seems to notice.
"So what's the reason you're out of your cabin after nine?" He asks, crossing his arms and raising a brow.

This doesn't phase Chenle and he only glances over at Donghyuck who was frantically taking notes and reading over papers. A pair of glasses balanced on the bridge of his nose.
"What's the reason Hyuck is out of his cabin after nine?"

This causes the orange haired boy to look up, his eyes a little wide. The three were silent for a moment until
Doyoung's eyes narrow a little before he smiles bitterly. "Touché" he tilts his head to the side. "So, what's wrong?"

Chenle debates whether he should keep up the 'sick' act or if he should cut the crap and just tell them why he was here. They already looked pretty suspicious so there didn't seem to be any point in hiding it anymore.
"I want to know what you two are hiding from the rest of the camp." He says, leaning forward a little. "I've seen you two sneaking around so I know you're hiding something. I want to know what it is"

Donghyuck laughs and saunters over to stand beside Doyoung "and why should we tell you?"

"If you don't tell me I'll voice my suspicions to Taeyong" he threatens. Chenle wasn't the type to threaten, but when he wanted to know something, he usually found a way to find out. "It must be going against camp rules since Mark seems pretty upset about it"

At the mention of Mark's name he sees Donghyuck's face drop slightly, his eyes focusing on his feet rather than on Chenle. He was sure he had struck a nerve at that point.

"Look whatever it is you think we're doing I can assure you that-"

"Let's tell him"

Doyoung's eyes widen a little as he looks over at Donghyuck in shock. "What?!"

The orange haired male sighs "he already knows we're up to something. He could also help us out, after all he's only here because his parents died of the virus" Hyuck explains but the elder still looked sceptical.

So this was about the virus. Chenle knew it was going to be something like that. What were they trying to do exactly? Was it their fault it mutated?
He tries to stop the questions coming to mind. It was wrong to make assumptions without knowing the full story.

"Fine" Doyoung finally says. "We'll tell you but not tonight. Go back to your cabin and come back tomorrow night as soon as you see Donghyuck come here. The we'll tell you everything but only if you agree to tell no one, not even your brother can know" he says, his gaze now intense "understood?"

Without even a moment of hesitation, Chenle nods "Yes"