✯•Twenty-Five•✯

Jaemin returned to the cabin later that night, consciously pulling the sleeve of his sweatshirt over his arm when spotting Renjun watching him.
Jeno observers the scene in front of him, watching as Jaemin's eyes turn from a blue to purple and eventually bright pink.

"New colour?" He asks from where he sat on his bunk, watching as Jaemin freezes and looks up, his eyes changing back to blue. "I've never noticed pink before"

It was obvious this had made Jaemin feel a little uncomfortable but in the moment Jeno didn't care. He couldn't believe that Jaemin was lying to him. After everything they had been through together, he was keeping this from him. It was more than obvious what the rosy pink glow meant.

A knock at the cabin door causes all three boys to glance over in its direction, Renjun eventually opening it and smiling at his brother. Renjun excuses himself as Chenle asks to speak to him in private.

Neither Jeno or Jaemin stop him from leaving, if anything it was better that they had their own conversation in private.
Once the door had closed and they were sure Renjun could no longer hear, Jeno jumps down from his bunk and walks closer to Jaemin.

"You like him don't you?" He asks, not even caring that Jaemin's eyes were turning the colour of blood.

"I don't like him, he just said something that must have messed with my coding" Jaemin shrugs, obviously trying not to turn this into an argument "he spoke to me like I was a person rather than a machine, not many people do that anymore"

Jeno tries to hide the disappointment from the slight sting of his words. Did Jaemin not appropriate the fact that Jeno had been there for him through everything. Never once had he thought of Jaemin as anything less than a human being.
"I thought pink meant you were tired"

Jaemin sighs, taking a seat on the end of Renjun's bed, his eyes no longer red but a dark gray colour. "Please don't tell him".

Jeno hesitantly takes a seat beside the younger. He was never good at comforting people yet had found himself doing it a lot lately. "You need to tell him, he's worried about why you're always tired, we both know it's rare you exhaust yourself"

"I'll scare him off, everybody hates androids" he argues, instantly getting defensive at Jeno's words.

"You're not an android though, and I know Renjun would never think of you as one" Jeno points out, trying to calm Jaemin down. "I think it's safe to say we both know he's not that type of person"

Jaemin seemed to study Jeno's face for a moment, his glowing eyes almost scanning his features. "No way" he breathes, laughing a little in disbelief "you really care about him don't you?"

The elder wasn't quite sure what Jaemin meant by this question but he found himself nodding nonetheless. He did care about Renjun, but he cared for Jaemin too, which is what he was trying to get across in this conversation which is why he'd found himself saying "but I care about you too".

Jaemin smiles a little, leaning forward and hugging Jeno. This was the type of Jaemin he liked, the one that was completely honest with him and dropped the attitude. Jaemin wasn't a bad person, he had just been through a lot and it stressed him out. Unfortunately, because he was so open with Jeno he also took his anger out on him.

"Sometimes I think you should have just let me die at that protest, I don't like being this way" he mutters into Jeno's shoulder, burying his face deeper into his neck and hugging him tighter.

It hurt to know that Jaemin often wished himself dead, the fact that androids and cyborgs were lower ranked in society meant that they received a lot of abuse. Obviously it doesn't affect androids as they have no real feelings, but to people like Jaemin it can be incredibly hurtful, this was also the main reason that Jaemin refused to leave camp and enter the city, no matter how much Jeno begged him to tag along.

"Jaemin there is nothing wrong with you. No one here is going to judge you, no one sees you any different from everyone else." He tries to comfort his friend, rubbing up and down his back gently. "I know you've never been happy like this but I knew you were worth saving, and I don't regret carrying you back here" he feels Jaemin's grip become a little tighter when hearing this "you shouldn't be ashamed of who you are, which is why you should tell Renjun the truth"

The younger sighs and pulls away "I'll tell him eventually" he nods.

Jeno's eyes narrow a little when he watches Jaemin stand from the bed and walk over to the cabin doors "I have a question" he says quickly, causing the younger to stop in his tracks. "Do your eyes turn pink when someone mentions Renjun's name?"

Jaemin thinks for a moment before shaking his head "not that I know of, I've only noticed them going pink when I'm with him" he explains "why?"

"Oh, no reason" Jeno assures and lets Jaemin leave the cabin, his eyes glowing a bright pink.

•••••
A/N: sorry this was short, I wanted to show more of Jeno and Jaemin's relationship/friendship.