✯•Twenty-Four•✯

When Jeno wakes up the next morning the cabin is empty. Both Jaemin's and Renjun's beds were empty and neatly made. The sun was shining through the small window, a clear indication that Jeno had overslept.

With a groan he jumps down from his bed and quickly pulls on a hoodie, not even bothering to get changed out of his sweatpants. He opens the cabin door, seeing everyone already doing their assigned jobs for the week. Jeno was on gate duty this week and he knew Jaemin had been assigned to ground watch. Of course they were different jobs, Jeno operates the gate and Jaemin keeps a look out for any on coming people that may need to get in or out, usually it was camp members going out on food supply runs. The thing that Jeno didn't like was Jaemin. He was supposed to be Jaemin's best friend, but lately the younger seems to get agitated by every little thing Jeno did and said.

Jeno presses the buzzer, waiting for the gates to be opened up for him. He waits a few moments before they slowly begin the move, and he stepped forward once the gap was big enough for him to slip through. Soon enough the gates crashed closed behind him.

"Woah you actually decided to show up to do your job" Jaemin mutters, leaving the small hut that contained the leaver that controlled the gates.

"You could have woken me up" Jeno shrugged as he swapped places with the younger, taking a seat on the old wooden stool inside the hut.

Jaemin's eyes go from blue to red "I would have but Renjun wouldn't let me" he mutters, his eyes beginning to change once again but he quickly turns around before Jeno could see the colour. "Anyway I'm going" he announces, storming off down the small hill and towards the look out spot.

Renjun had been the one to let Jeno sleep? Was this because he had woken up with him the night before? Whatever the reason was, Jeno made a mental note to thank him at supper that night.
He still felt kind of bad that Renjun had gotten up as early as he did. After all it was him who had the bad dream and couldn't sleep, Jeno wasn't planning on sleeping anyway.

Jeno sighs when he hears the buzzer go, leaning down and pulling the lever, opening the gates just enough for two people to walk out. Once they were through he quickly closes the large gates, hopping off the stool and stepping out of the hut.

"Where the heck are you two going?" He asks, looking at Doyoung and Chenle. He'd never seen the two of them together before, and judging by Chenle's nervousness he assumed they were up to something.

"I need to go and collect ingredients for a new pain killer I'm working on" the elder replies calmly "Chenle is curious about where I get them from so he's tagging along"

Jeno's eyes narrow a little, not fully believing what he had said but he nods nonetheless "okay, you know the rules" he points out "you have six hours unless Taeyong tells me he gave you longer".

Doyoung pretty much laughs in his face "Jeno I'm an adult, I don't need reminding of the rules" he pats Jeno's shoulder before turning to look at Chenle "come on let's go".

With that they walk off down the hill, Chenle looks back and gives Jeno a quick wave before running to catch up to Doyoung.

"Weird".
•••••
Once the day was over and Jaemin confirms that no one was coming, the only thing they could see was the bright lights and movement of he city in the distance. The two males walk back into the camp, Jaemin's eyes glowing an off grey colour, a sure sign he was tired. He'd seen Jaemin in this state many of times, usually he doesn't tire easily since he's 60% wires and coding, but sometimes a wire can snap and need replacing by Doyoung.

"Are you okay?" He asks, noticing the way Jaemin was pretty much falling asleep as he walked.

The younger boy stops and shakes his head "I think I need to go see Doyoung" he says, taking a step closer to Jeno and gripping onto his arm for support. Of course Jeno didn't mind helping Jaemin. He was happy that Jaemin trusted him enough to see him in a state like this, he knew he was insecure about it. Jaemin hated the fact that his body now malfunctioned against his wishes and that his arm made a slight buzz sound when it moved.

Jeno had lost count the amount of times Jaemin had gotten upset, no longer seeing himself as a human being but as a robot that is programmed and controlled by others.

They reach Doyoung'c cabin and knock, at this point Jaemin's entire power system had died, leaving him pretty much limp in Jeno's arms. Thankfully, Doyoung answers quickly and takes Jaemin in, telling Jeno to go to supper.
Of course Jeno argues and said he wanted to stay with Jaemin but he eventually gives in, dragging himself away towards the food hut.

Almost instantly he spots Renjun sat beside his brother, laughing at something he and Jisung had said. Jeno didn't even realise he was staring until Renjun looks up, waving him over to the table.

He forces a small smile to his lips as he walks over and sits down. "Where's Jaemin?" Renjun asks, moving to place a tray of food in front of Jeno. The raven haired boy mutters a small 'thanks' ignoring the weird feeling in his stomach caused by the action.

"He's tired, he went back to the cabin to take a nap. He'll probably eat later" he lies and Renjun only nods in understanding.

"I'm worried about him" he sighs "he's always tired these days, it's like his eyes are permanently pink"

At this Jeno tilts his head in confusion. "Pink?"Jeno had never seen his eyes go Pink before.

Renjun nods, picking up his glass and taking a sip of the water "yeah, he told me his eyes go pink when he's tired".

Jeno narrows his eyes at this. "Did he now?"