✯•Twenty-Seven•✯

Jeno had made sure to ask for two separate hotel rooms this time but Renjun changed it to one, stating that he doesn't like sleeping alone anymore. He takes the room and agrees to pay for it the following morning as he needed cash.

The two boys take the elevator up to the room, neither saying a word. The hotel was pretty similar to the one they had stayed in before, all sterile and gleaming white. The room was pretty similar too but it was no surprise, most places looked similar these days, it was rare to find anywhere with personality.

Although it was late and dark out, the bright lights of the city was enough to light up the room and cast a purple glow over everything in sight.
"You should sleep, I have to do something but I'll be back" Jeno says but Renjun was quick to grip his wrist.

"You promised me you'd show me how you get the money" his eyes narrow a little and Jeno tries his best not to be too offended.

"You still think I stole it don't you?" He laughs a little in disbelief "do you not trust me at all?"

Renjun looked a little guilty but not at all apologetic "it's not that I don't trust you, I'm curious" he mumbles "also I don't want to be alone in this room, the cleanliness reminds me of...never mind let's just go" he says quickly, pulling Jeno towards the door.
•••••
"Ummm is it safe to go in there?" Renjun asks, pretty much hiding behind Jeno as they walk down a flight of iron steps towards a door. They were in a sketchy part of the city which is exactly why Jeno had wanted Renjun to stay at the hotel room where he would be safe.

"I can take you back to the hotel room if you want" Jeno offers, secretly hoping that Renjun would agree but unfortunately he shakes his head, pushing Jeno forward a little.

The younger knocks once on the door before it opens to reveal a woman in a velvet dress the colour of blood, jet black straight hair that draped down over her narrow shoulders. Her lips were painted a bright red and her eye makeup was heavy. She smiled when seeing Jeno and instantly opened the door a little wider, rushing the two boys inside.

"Jeno it's been a while" she beams, leaning forward and placing a kiss to each of Jeno's cheeks before her grey eyes land on Renjun. "New client?"

Jeno's eyes widen and he holds onto Renjun in an almost protective way "no, this is Renjun, my friend. He's just here to wait for me" he quickly says and the woman only nods in understanding.

"Nice to meet you Renjun, my name is Seulgi" she smiles, revealing a set of pearly white teeth. Renjun hesitantly reaches up and takes her outstretched hand, shaking it once. "I'll take him somewhere comfortable where he can wait for you"

As the woman walks on ahead, Renjun doesn't follow, he only looks over at Jeno, an unsure look in his eye. "Is this a-"

"Brothel? Yes, look I'll explain later just follow Seulgi and I'll come for you when I'm done" Jeno begs, almost pushing Renjun forward so he would follow the woman.

"But I'm so confused" Renjun looked pretty disappointed and the sight hurt Jeno. This is exactly why he didn't want him knowing. "I thought androids did all of this kinda stuff now"

"They do but some people prefer having an actual human being and pay big bucks for it, I can make more than enough money off just one client which is why you need to go so I can get it" he says quickly, turning Renjun around and pushing him forward once again.

Eventually they end up in a small bar area and Jeno forces Renjun to sit down. Jeno could tell the brunette was incredibly uncomfortable.

With a sigh, Jeno rummages through his pocket before holding out a key "here, take my car and go back to the hotel, I'll be back within an hour" he drops the keys into Renjun's open palm, watching the confusion cloud the elders features.

"But-"

"Just go" he says sternly, making it more than clear that this was not up for debate "I don't want you here anyway so go back to the hotel room and try and get some sleep, at least you'll be somewhere safer than in here".

It was true, this entire place smelt of sex and Renjun looked incredibly out of place. The thing that worried Jeno most was a client spotting Renjun and demanding his services. Seulgi was a nice enough woman but when she knew there was a chance of money she would take it. Jeno just didn't want anything happening to Renjun.

The elder nods, standing and walking back the way he had come, gripping onto the keys. Usually Jeno wouldn't let anyone drive his car, but he trusted Renjun would be careful and he also trusted that Renjun would go straight back to the hotel.

Once Renjun was nowhere in sight, Jeno looks over at Seulgi who stood behind the bar, pushing a glass of red wine over the counter top for Jeno. "You did the right thing" she shrugs, taking a sip of her own drink "he's very pretty, would've made a lot of money" she offers a quick wink before walking past Jeno and handing him one golden key. "Room three, be quick".

Jeno sighs and looks up at the door with the number 3 painted in metallic gold paint. He knew he wasn't the only camp member that did this. They all had to get money from somewhere and Jeno knew for a fact this was the easiest way of earning it.

With a deep breath he slides the key into the door before twisting the handle, bracing himself for what comes next.