Chapter 7 - I'll Never Leave You

After that conversation between Riya and Shuichi on the bridge a month ago, the two seemed to enjoy each other's company more often than not. A lot of people thought it was just for the project. But then they began to notice that the two usually have lunch together in the canteen, go home together and enjoy talking about a lot of things. They were starting to become closer like what Shuichi wanted for him and Riya ever since.

Unfortunately, not all people appreciated the change going on between them. Among them were Ayako and her friends. And because of that, she somehow devised a plan to crush Riya's heart by destroying one important thing that the latter had kept for so long. In a way, she found out one of Riya's secrets that were too precious to her. She planned to destroy it in front of her to get even somehow.

Their PE class was about basketball and it was held in the gym. All of them participated and Shuichi was too happy to see Riya was trying to participate even though his classmates were treating her differently. Anyway, not all treated her like that.

After that, they all headed to their classroom as soon as they were done changing their sports attire to their school uniform. It was also their free period after their PE class that's why they could do anything they want for an hour. Riya was walking alone through the corridor when Yukari approached her.

"Riya-sempai, good morning!" the blue-haired girl energetically greeted. "Sorry I haven't greeted you earlier. I was busy talking with my classmates about our project."

She smiled at that. "It's alright, Yukari-chan. You don't have to apologize for something like that."

"But you are the manager of the soccer team now. I shouldn't be ignoring you."

She just shook her head in slight disbelief but she remained smiling. "Alright, whatever you say."

"By the way, the coach said he wanted to see you after school. We'll also be having a welcome party later on so be sure to come." Yukari didn't even wait for her answer because the girl left in a hurry, leaving her still a bit surprised about the girl's announcement. And since she couldn't say no to that, she had no other choice but to agree.

Anyway, she doesn't have anything to do at home. It's better if she began hanging out with the guys from the soccer team. They seem to be nice people and she couldn't sense anything bad from them so it's alright.

But when she began to step closer to the classroom, she could feel her heart begin to beat at an uneasy rate. It's as if saying that something will happen in there if she entered. She could already feel her hands freezing for some reason. Even still, she has to know what would happen.

She heaved a few sighs when she reached the classroom door. And after a few seconds of preparing herself, she opened it.

What actually 'welcomed' her sight was Ayako holding a small glass case familiar to her. Her eyes widened when she finally saw that it was the glass case where the Snow Rose was placed.

"Give that back to me!" she demanded before she could even think clearly. And that made her run towards her seat where Ayako was standing while holding the case of the Snow Rose. But before she could even reach her seat, someone already forced her to stop running.

When she looked around to know who it was, she saw two guys holding both her hands as they smirked evilly. And then she looked at Ayako who was glaring at her.

"I thought I told you to stay away from Minamino-kun but you didn't listen. You two were always together for the past month ever since the two of you talked on the bridge," Ayako said.

But instead of looking at Ayako with pleading eyes just for her to return the rose, she countered it with a glare. "Then you should blame Minamino-kun for that. I tried to stay away from him but he's the one insisting on coming near me."