Chapter 25 - No Matter What Happens

The next day (which was Sunday), the gang decided to stay for a day at Master Genkai's house along with the wielders and the two demon shinobis since they decided to train themselves for a while. The other part of the wielders' stories regarding the weapons had been cleared and the team agreed to join forces with the wielders to defeat Erithea though they didn't have a clear mission plan yet to do that. Still, they were fired up to do so.

As for Riya, Genkai told her to rest for the whole day because the strain of using the Crystal Spear caused her wound to bleed profusely since it was too deep. The girl complied but that was after she was insisted to do so by almost everyone. Just to make sure she would do so, Kurama decided to stay with her.

That morning, everyone (except for Riya and Kurama) was having breakfast in the dining room. It did not come as a surprise that all of them got along very well despite the tension among them during their initial meeting. It was also noticeable that Keiko and Akane got a little closer than they were at school. It was like their racial differences didn't matter at all.

Not only Keiko and Akane. The other wielders got along with the team quite well and they thought that there wouldn't be any problem with teamwork, though it would take some time to get used to having so many people in the team.

"But you know, I'm really surprised when I found out that the wielders were of the same age as us," Kuwabara commented before gobbling up the food on his plate. "I thought you would be a lot older than I thought."

"Well, this came as a surprise for us, too," Yukari said. "But I guess it's for the best. Good thing Koenma-sama allowed us to have the weapons for the time being... just until we finish our mission."

"Koenma couldn't do anything to take the weapons from you since they had already chosen their masters," Hiei stated nonchalantly and matter-of-factly.

Yusuke, Kuwabara, and Botan eyed the fire demon strangely before glancing at each other.

"There's something wrong with Hiei," Yusuke whispered to Kuwabara. In turn, Kuwabara nodded to agree.

But even though Hiei heard and so did Yukari, Hiei ignored it since they didn't know the full story. By far, only Yumi knew that since he has been with the said Fire Wielder for almost three months.

"Whether there's something wrong or not, I guess it's better if we just keep it to ourselves. Right?" Yukari said with a smile before continuing to eat.

Yusuke and Kuwabara shrugged and breakfast continued.

"By the way, aren't Kurama and Riya-chan going to have breakfast with us? Riya-chan's injury doesn't seem that bad now," Kuwabara inquired.

"I brought food for the two of them a while back before we started eating," Yukina replied softly. "Besides, Kurama insisted on staying beside Riya-san."

"So that would make them a real couple now, huh?" Botan asked with a smile.

"Probably," Keiko answered. "With the trial now over and Kurama kissed her before, I guess I could say that they finally confessed their feelings for each other." But she was surprised to see the two demon shinobi and three of the wielders froze upon hearing what she said. And from the looks of it, they were surprised, seemed unexpectant.

Botan noticed that, as well. "Don't tell me you didn't know the part that Kurama kissed Riya-chan the night of the Rose Ball?"

When the thought had finally settled into their minds, three of the wielders (Yumi's the one exempted) and the demon shinobi siblings exclaimed all at the same time after inadvertently dropping their spoons.

"Seriously?!" Ayako asked disbelievingly. Botan and Keiko nodded as an answer. After that, she sighed. "So I guess that explains it."

Yukari eyed the brunette Light Wielder. "Explains what, Ayako-senpai?"