Chapter 55 - After The Battle

A week and a half after the big battle, everything seemed to have returned to normal. Well... not exactly everything. What appeared to be the end of the storm for Riya and the rest of the wielders seemed to be the start of another predicament for Yumi and Hiei. Riya expected it to happen. Yumi's mother, Saeko Hisakawa, was obviously worried for her daughter's welfare ー especially now that Yumi decided to claim what was rightfully hers. Several secrets about Yumi's past and the true source of her powers were finally revealed to the gang which, of course, Hiei didn't take lightly. But the fire demon decided to follow Yumi to the Demon World in order to be there for her.

Upon arriving, they were surprised to know that a battle between father and daughter had ensued since Yumi was forced to fight her brainwashed father and the leader of a certain fire demon clan ー Hideoki. It was the only way for her to reclaim what she had lost on the day of her "birth" and to discover a mystical flame residing inside of her powerful enough to let her rule over the clan. Hiei finally accepted Yumi's past and destiny upon learning the truth about her. Of course, it made Yumi happy now that she didn't have to choose between her love for Hiei and her duty as a future clan leader. The problem was solved with the help of the gang and the wielders and Yumi was allowed to return to the Human World after that.

As for the wielders, King Yama decided not to take the weapons from them upon learning the reason why the weapons disappeared from their respective shrines from Celeste herself. Not only that, he even ordered the guards stationed at the two remaining shrines where the Rose Daggers and the Lance of Snow resided to guard the two weapons with utmost strength. The guards would report immediately if the shrines emitted a bright glow, causing the weapons to disappear. It was only at that time would they conclude that the weapons had found their masters.

The wielders, including Ren and Sei, decided to become a part of Yusuke's team in guarding the Human World from threats. Of course, their roles expanded in protecting the Demon World and Spirit World from threats, as well. They agreed to that, with Yukari being in charge in guarding the Spirit World along with Ren and Ayako and Yumi in the Demon World with Sei and Soujiro. The rest of Yusuke's team ー including Keiko and Riya ー were to guard the Human World. Of course, their duty would take effect after their duties in the Human World were done.

After all that, Riya concluded that it was over. Now all he had to worry about was the showing of the movie that Class 2-C did as part of their contribution for the Rose Festival. The festival would end two days from that day and that movie was the part of the closing ceremony since it came from their project that had the highest grade. As for Class 2-D (Yusuke's class), they presented their play 2 days prior. The play turned out to be a romantic comedy. This was expected by everyone in the team since Yusuke and Kuwabara were a part of Class 2-D. Those two provided most of the comic relief in the play and it made it even more enjoyable to watch. Keiko was also among those who provided the comic relief in the play and surprisingly, they enjoyed it as they perform. Of course, the play was a huge success. Yumi recorded the entire play to be added in her video collection of memories. That play was one of the most hilarious parts of their lives.

Riya arrived at the school earlier than the meeting time. She wasn't surprised to see Kurama already there when she arrived in the classroom. He was talking with the rest of the class who also arrived earlier than the supposed meeting time. And that includes Ayako. She could see it in their faces ㅡ anticipation, fear, excitememt and happiness. She couldn't help but to smile at that.

"It looks like the princess wasn't feeling nervous," Ayako commented as soon as the brunette saw her.

Riya only responded with a soft laugh. "Please. In case you didn't know, I'm already nervous as hell. I couldn't even sleep last night just thinking about it. I don't know about acting, but I guess mine sucks."