Chapter 17 - The Enchanting Rose Ball

But unknown to Kurama and Riya inside that particular room, some people were eavesdropping outside. And they weren't just "some people"; they were the people that have been monitoring those two since the formal introduction/date happened two weeks ago. Yusuke, Kuwabara, Keiko, Botan, Ayako, Yukari, and Soujiro were there as they listened to every word that Kurama and Riya had spoken.

The first four came to Class 2-C to check on Kurama an hour before. They were surprised when they learned that Kurama ended up in the clinic because of a fever. And so they headed immediately to the clinic but they were surprised to see Kurama and Riya sleeping together in that room, with Kurama holding Riya's hand. They decided to wait for the two to wake up before they could enter but they never did when they heard those two people's conversation.

And that includes Kurama's bold question about asking Riya to be his date for the traditional Rose Ball.

"Wow! I never expected Kurama to be this good when it comes to asking girls to be his date," Kuwabara said in a soft tone. "Or maybe I shouldn't since he already has good looks."

"This is the first time he asked a girl to be his date," Ayako seriously stated. "He's been my classmate since middle school so I know that part of his life. Usually, it's the girls who were asking him and not the other way around. Ever since Riya-chan came here, everything about him changed."

"Really? Like what?" Yusuke asked.

"There's a lot to tell and I can't possibly enumerate all of it," Ayako simply answered which made everyone's sweat dropped. But she thought that it would be better if those guys could discover it themselves. "It's better if you wait for them in our classroom. It may take them some time before they could get out there. So, mind as well, respect their privacy."

Keiko and Botan giggled at that. Kuwabara, Yusuke, Soujiro, and Yukari were having a good conversation as they all headed to Class 2-C...

...without knowing that the Spirit Detectives were starting to become acquainted with the Legendary Weapon Wielders themselves!

xxxxxx

Kirisawa Mansion, Ayako's room...

It was already way past midnight and most of the lights inside the mansion were turned off. The night wind blew softly as they passed the sakura trees in the backyard and nearby gardens. The stars plastered on the night sky were shimmering brighter than they were last night. But this particular night was something different.

The moon was surprisingly bright and in full shape.

And it was perfectly right for Ayako to do her meditation—more specifically, her predictions. She was born with a strong aptitude in her precognitive ability and her ability to sense danger. Her ESP often leads her to have premonitions of upcoming events that no one can avoid or prevent from happening. Her premonition of the dangers that the Spirit Detective faced the last time was already proof of that. Along with it was about the lead roles for their play to be performed during the Rose Ball, which she also predicted the night before Miss Ryuuzaki formally announced it.

She inherited this ability from her mother who died when she was eight years old. Her mother's death became the reason why she rarely used this but there were instances in which she unconsciously used it. It had become powerful when she was revealed to be a Legendary Weapon Wielder and the bearer of the Amber Heart (a magical gem inside the wielder that became the source of his powers and proof of a wielder's identity).

Right now, she was sitting on an orange futon on the veranda of her room, facing the full moon. Her eyes were closed; her hands were both placed on her lap. As the light of the full moon began to shine down on her, orange energy began to surround her as the wind continued to blow softer. This lasted for a minute or so before the energy faded and opened her eyes. After that, she looked at the full moon with a solemn face.