Chapter 24 - Revelations And The First Trial

Ayako immediately ran towards Kurama and Riya. The other wielders later followed her. Hiei just walked a few steps away from the others when he noticed Kurama's eyes holding back his tears for the girl in his arms. Keiko and Botan later followed the wielders. Yusuke and Kuwabara didn't leave their spot.

"Hey, Urameshi. Are you alright?" Kuwabara asked.

"I don't know..." Yusuke replied. "I don't know what to think anymore."

"We better check on Riya-chan's condition. I would kill a million demon shinobi if something bad happen to your cousin even more." With that, Kuwabara proceeded.

Riya was still breathing heavily, clutching her wounded shoulder. Kurama held her hand before Noboru pulled the arrow poking out of the girl's shoulder. Though she didn't want to, Riya screamed in pain as soon as the arrow was removed. After that, Noboru studied the bloody tip of the arrow, only to discover something disturbing.

"We need to create an antidote as soon as possible before she dies from the poison of this arrow," Noboru said before he destroyed the arrow by burning it using the fire emitted from his hand.

"But Onii-chan, the plant needed to create the antidote isn't found here and you know that," Akane said. "Don't tell me we have to go back to the Demon World just to get it?"

"What kind of plant was it?" Kurama asked upon hearing what Akane said. Noboru looked at him.

"It's a flower found only in Demon World that looked similar to forget-me-nots. Its extract is the antidote to the poison inside Riya-sama's body," Noboru explained.

Kurama looked at the still heavily breathing Riya with worries in his eyes. That was when he planted a seed into the ground and using his demon energy, he let the seed grow into a plant and allowed a flower to bloom from it. Akane and Noboru looked at him with awe since Kurama managed to grow the flower they were talking about.

Like what Noboru said, it looked like a forget-me-not, only silver in color and larger than the regular forget-me-not.

"Is this the flower?" Kurama asked. Noboru nodded before Akane plucked the flowers from its branches. "Will that be enough to make an antidote for the poison?"

"Yes. But how did you—"

"I'll explain later. Right now, we need to take Riya out of here," the read head said as he carried Riya bridal-style. He knew that the girl was already sleeping but he also knew that her pulse was starting to faint, making him start to panic.

They all headed back to Genkai's temple and let Riya sleep in the room she was using for two weeks now. A few minutes later, Akane arrived with the antidote. They let Riya drink it and allowed her to rest fully for the antidote to take effect.

After that, Genkai made them all go to the living room since the old woman figured out that an extremely serious conversation was about to take insisted on staying beside Riya to take care of her.

Much to the team's surprise, Koenma was already waiting for them there. They noticed that the wielders had a solemn look on their faces, increasing the already tensed atmosphere among them as they all seated.

"Alright! Explanation time. Care to tell me what's going on here? And how does Riya become involved in this? To think she would be your mistress..." Yusuke started but the wielders remained silent.

It took a while for one of them to break the silence. Yumi did the explanation once she was done preparing her mind for it.

"All of this began approximately 6 years ago... Two years after Katsuo-sama's death," Yumi started.