Chapter 32 - Escaping The Hands Of Death

Kuwabara tried to look around but there was no sign of Riya and Kurama anywhere.

"Where did they go?" Kuwabara asked.

"Obviously, not anywhere near here," Hiei said. "That's why we have to find them and we have to do that fast."

"What for?" Yumi suddenly cut in. "Kurama's dead, Riya's broke... We haven't done anything to stop the prophecy."

"So do you want Riya to die just like that?" Hiei pointed out sarcastically. "Like what you said, we're dealing with not just one but two possible deaths. We couldn't stop the first one. Now it's our time to stop the second."

Yumi fell silent after that. It was later followed by a defeated sigh.

"You're right. I should've thought about that," Yumi said before she faced the others. "The only problem is that where will we start looking for them."

No one said a word. All of them were thinking of possible locations. Keiko, however, wasn't only thinking but she was also concentrating as she sensed the wind that blew past. To concentrate better, she closed her eyes.

Unknown to the others, Kazemi interrupted Keiko's concentration as her eyes remained closed.

'What's wrong, Keiko-sama?' Kazemi asked.

'The wind is sending ill omens... Not only that. Another group of demon shinobi is heading towards us,' Keiko answered.

Kazemi let out an audible sigh that only Keiko heard since the former was just speaking through her using telepathy. 'In any case, I know where Mistress Riya and Kurama-san were transported.'

Keiko was inwardly startled. 'You do? How did you know that?'

But before Kazemi could say anything, Keiko's eyes snapped open and faced the southwest direction where she sensed the demon shinobi approaching. Of course, it wasn't only her who had sensed that. The other wielders and the rest of the team felt their presence, as well.

"Don't tell me we're going to deal with another group of demon shinobi?" Yusuke complained frustratingly. Not only that she hated the idea, he loathed it since his energy had drastically dropped because of what had happened a while back when he was tortured.

'Kazemi-chan, you said you know where Riya-chan and Kurama are right now, right?' Keiko asked telepathically.

'Yes, Keiko-sama. They're at the Crystal Valley. The portal on the sakura tree where you stayed a while back will lead you straight to it,' Kazemi responded.

Filled with determination and the desire to protect what was left of them, Keiko made a fateful decision. She knew the others would interrogate her later on but this ongoing battle left her with no choice. Taking a deep breath, she positioned her hand in the air with her palm facing upwards.

"Raging wind, lend me your power..." Keiko uttered followed by a golden orb forming above her palm. The glow from the orb made the others, particularly Yusuke, utterly shocked. "Your mistress requires your presence. I call upon thee..." As soon as she said that, the wind began to surround the orb that Keiko still held. "Come forth, Legendary Weapon of the Sky, Arrow of Wind!" With that said, the orb began morphing into the form of a beautiful familiar long bow and arrow before the glow "shattered", thus revealing the appearance of the said weapon on Keiko's hand.