Chapter 39 - Just The Two Of Us

The next day, Hanasakura Academy...

Music class was their last period for that morning, just before lunch break. All of the students of Class 2-C were having that class and now, they were listening to their music teacher as she talked in front.

"Alright, class. For your assignment, I want you to find your pair for your performances next week."

Most of the class frowned at that. "Performances?"

The teacher nodded. "That's right. Each of you will have to think of a song that would most likely reflect what you feel about love or the person that you love. And not just any song. You have to choose an English love song. It will be done individually and in pairs. You will be performing in the auditorium next week so you have two days more to think carefully about the songs you're going to perform."

One student raised her hand to catch the teacher's attention.

"Yes, Taniyama-san?"

"So that means the pair will be performing a total of 3 songs for the performance?"

The teacher nodded. "That's right. That's why you have to choose your partner for this assignment carefully. It has to be someone you're comfortable with and you have to choose the songs you have to sing that would most likely reflect your feelings about love. I'm expecting a good performance from all of you."

Kirika raised her hand and caught the attention of their music teacher.

"Sensei, what will happen if a certain pair had a good performance next week?"

"The pair who will have a good performance is, of course, going to perform for the closing celebration of the Rose Festival. Each of the classes are having the same assignment as you do. So I guess you could say that it's going to be a long celebration for all of you."

After that, the music class ended and it was lunch break. The gang decided to go to their usual spot to have lunch together and everyone was talking about their music assignments.

"I guess I'll be cramming up thinking of what to sing for the performance," Kuwabara said while chewing. "I'm not a musically-inclined person like Yukari-chan."

"Singing a song doesn't have anything to do with being musically inclined, Kuwabara-senpai," Yukari replied and then giggled. "As long as you sing it from your heart, you won't have any problem at all."

"And besides, you'll be singing a love song. So I guess you could think of a song that would fit your feelings for Yukina-san," Akane said.

Kuwabara lit up as he heard that and continued eating. Akane slightly shook her head before giggling and faced Yusuke afterward.

"So I guess Yusuke-san and Keiko-chan will be performing together for their music assignment, huh?"

Yusuke just gave out a "hmph" while Keiko smiled before nodding.

"Our only problem would be the songs to sing. It's hard to pick the right song to be performed," Keiko said.

"You're right," Yukari agreed. "Even I'm having a problem choosing the right song."

"I guess you're not the only ones who have that kind of problem," Ayako muttered before glancing at Kurama and Riya. The others later glanced to the said pair, as well.

"Or maybe not," Soujiro said with a smile when he saw Kurama and Riya having a good conversation without a care in the world.

When the said pair had finally noticed that they were being stared at, they glanced at the group and that was when they saw them having sly smiles on their faces. Riya quirked an eyebrow while Kurama chuckled at the sight.