Chapter 26 - Here's Love

Two weeks had passed and surely, a lot of things happened after Riya went back to school. It was just the day after that formal confession and even if they didn't tell everything to the team, it would appear that they already have an idea about what was going on. And in a way, they could see that they were supportive of it.

When Riya went back to school after Genkai made sure that she was alright, the whole class was glad for reasons that only Ayako and Kurama knew. They never told Riya about Ayako's outburst that scared Reina and they wanted to keep it that way. For the whole two weeks, they continued the filming for their movie presentation for the Rose Festival. The filming went fast. The class, even the team, made sure that no fangirls of Minamino Shuichi would cause a ruckus during the filming. Keiko, Botan, Yusuke, and Kuwabara had watched the filming process on time and due to that, they anticipated watching the whole movie. Ayako assured them that they would be watching the movie on the day of the screening in the front rows.

Yumi went to the Demon World along with Hiei (of course, with Koenma's permission) to commence her mission since there were no signs of activities from the demon shinobi, Koenma allowed the two to go.

"Seriously, why am I tagging along with you again?" Hiei asked Yumi, slightly irritated but deep inside, he was happy. Well, sort of.

"You're the only one whom I could ask about the Demon World when it comes to locating my father," Yumi said placidly as she pulled her hair to a bun. "Since I didn't really grow up here and I don't know my way around because of having a bad sense of direction in this world, I could only ask for your help."

"Why me? You could've asked Koenma for that."

"I can't do that," the blonde responded. This time, with a sad tone that surprised Hiei.

For the past three months, since she asked for his assistance that he couldn't turn down for some reason, he had never seen Yumi this sad. Not even once. Before he could even say something to counter that, Yumi spoke again.

"For some reason, I wanted to trust you with this. I couldn't just ask something so selfish of Koenma. Besides, I'm a criminal as of now. I have to do things on my own."

"Then why did you ask for my assistance?" Hiei seriously asked.

Silence filled the air for some seconds before Yumi sighed and faced Hiei.

"As I said, you're the only one that I could trust with regards to this. And I'm sure—" she paused. "—you wanted to know what happened to your father, right?"

Hiei stiffened and was stunned upon hearing those words from Yumi. He wanted to talk but no voice was coming out. From the looks of the blonde's face, he could tell that the Fire Wielder was serious when she said that.

"I was recently informed by someone who knew my mother that my father was the leader of a certain clan of fire demons. And his right-hand man was someone who once had a relationship with an ice apparition. For now, you're the only one I know who might be proof of that forbidden relationship—its offspring, that is," Yumi said before she walked passed the fire demon. "I don't know much about your past and all, but I'm selfishly asking for your help so I could find my father. No matter what happens, I want to know who he is and why he had forsaken me. That way, I could finally move on for good."

They weren't facing each other, but the silence between them was enough to create a tense atmosphere. But then they didn't mind that. Her head Hiei heaved a silent sigh before she turned around and wait beside her as they faced the same direction—the blood-red sky was somehow reminding them of so many things no one knew.

Things that have something to do with their past.

"Let's go. I don't want to waste my time here goofing around," he said before he started walking away from that spot. "But let me remind you. I'm not doing this because of what you said."