The hardest decision

The ambulance came and they took her with them to the hospital. I cried and cried, but then Dan's mum came to pick us up. She drove us to the hospital and I opened the door with such a rush and then ran in the hospital. I collapsed on the floor in front of the room when Dan came to me and tried to calm me down with saying that everything will be okay. Then the doctor walked out of the room.

Doc: Anyone here for Alicia?

Me: Us! How is she? Is she okay?

Doc: There's something wrong with her, but we're not sure what. There's a chance that she won't survive.

Me: IT'S MY FAULT!!!

The doctor went away and Dan put his hand on my shoulder and I turned around. He helped me up and we went in Alicia's room. I hate hospitals very much. I saw her lying on the hospital bed and she loked so calm and beautiful. Even though she was covered in scars. I slowly walked to her and hugged her.

Me: What do you think could be wrong with her?

Dan: I've got no idea. She looks fine except that scars on her body.

Me: Let's go get the doc.

Doc: I'm already here. And now I need to tell you two what's wrong. Well, as you might know, she's got the cancer. And also she was on the weelchair. And this accident was the worst thing that could happen to her. And that's when you need to make a decision. If we keep her alive, she won't wake up for a long time, but when she will, she won't be able to move, to eat or do anything and she would be in a lot of pain. But you can make a choice and plug out all of the machines that are keeping her alive.

Me: W-W-W-h-hat???

Doc: I'll give you some time to choose.

He went out and I started to scream and cry and I think I could break  anything that I would touch. I started to shake and I couldn't take it anymore. I started to hit the pillow that Dan gave me. I think I can't do this alone. But in that moment someone walked in. Aren, Adrien, Alicia's mum and Leo. Oh God, help me. Leo came and hug me while the others were just standing there their faces covered in tears.

Alicia's mum: We-we want y-you to m-m-make a c-choice.

Leo: I want my sister to be happy Martinus and only you know what to do.

Me: But, I-I...don't know...what to d-do...

Aren: Do what everyone would do. Follow your heart. Do you wanna keep her alive, but see her everyday how she suffers or end this all and loose the one you love the most?

Me: I need some fresh air.

I walked out and sat on the bench in front of the hospital. Should I keep her alive and make her suffer or should I end her life? Owwhh, I don't know what to do!!! I didn't spend much time with her, but on the other side...I don't want her to go through this. And she's got cancer too, so she will live only one year or less. God tell me why??? Someone appeared in front of me. I looked up and saw a little girl. She was around ten.

Me: Hello little girl. How can I help you?

Girl: Umm, I see that you're sad.

Me: Well...I'm not. What makes you think that?

Girl: I saw you crying, so I came to see what's wrong.

I showed her to sit beside me and she did. Then she looked up at me.

Girl: I'm Annie and you're Martinus?

Me: Yeah.

Annie: I can give you one advice. If your girl means something to you, you should do what's the best for her.

This little girl is so smart. I think I should trust her and tell her what's bothering me. Maybe, I won't see her again. She can help me rn, I somehow feel that. It's like I know her for a long time, but such short also. Imean...it feels like I'm talking to...someone else. Like I'm talking to Alicia.

Annie: If you want we can talk.

Me: That would be good for me.

Annie: Gret. Now tell me what's bothering you.

Me: Well, my girlfriend is on the edge of death and I don't know what to do. Doc said that I can keep her alive, but she'll suffer or I can plug out all the machines that are keeping her alive.

Annie: Oh, this girl... Well you need to pretend you're her. What would you choose? To live in pain everyday and know that you'll soon die like that or end this suffering and never feel the pain again?

I started to think hard about all that she said. Such a young clever girl. But then it hit me ˝You'll soon die like that˝. How does she know that? I didn't tell her. Then she tapped on my shoulder and smiled to me. I need to know how she knows that.

Me: How do you know that she'll die soon?

Annie: Can I tell you a secret? She's my friend too. And did you made a choice?

Me: Yeah, I think I did. I hope I made right choice because I really love her.

Then she smiled, nodded and got up. She gave me one hug and then leaved. I just sat there for some moments and then walked back in to tell them my choice. I love you my love. You know that you're my princess, my boo, my world, my everything. I hope that you'll respect my choice. So I walked slowly down the corridor, my heart was beating fast, everything was in slow motion. I heard only ˝I love you.˝

A/N

Another part of my story is here and I relly hope you like this. Only few more parts and the book will end. But for now, what choice do you think martinus made? Comment and vote. Bye!