Prologue

'Today was supposed to be awesome. Why did it have to turn out like this? Big Brother and I were supposed to have fun at the park today. So why are mommy and daddy fighting again?'

Those were the thoughts running through my five year old mind as something shattered downstairs. The screaming was worse than it ever had been before and I could hear my mother's sobs over my father's drunken yells. I gripped Izuku's hand tightly and hugged onto his arm as we cowered in the corner of our closet. He hugged me and played with my dark green hair, whispering it was gonna be okay. He couldn't have been more wrong. That day was only the beginning of our problems. 

It was about two months later that my father had signed the papers that dissolved my parent's marriage. That day I can remember clearly as well. Izuku had just helped a blonde boy out of the creek, smiling his wide, bright smile that I could never forget even if I tried. I knew big brother was friends with the boy but I didn't know much about the boy himself, even though I followed Izuku like he followed the boy. Big brother called him 'Kacchan' so I called him that too. 

"Izuku! Hana! It's time to go home!" Our mother, Inko, called. We both 'aww'd' and reluctantly made our way over to her. She had some papers in her hands that she hadn't had before and I remember being curious about them. 

Once we got home, I saw my father moving bags from the house to the car. I called out to him, wanting to know what was going on, and he stopped in the doorway. I heard my mother's silent sobs. 

"Mommy? What's wrong?" I asked her but I only got sobs as a response. I remember holding Izuku's hand and then it being forced away from my grip. When I looked up I saw my father pulling me towards the door. 

"No! You can't take Hana away! You can't take my twin sister away from me!" Izuku ran to our father and started hitting his leg but our father just kicked him away. By that point we were both crying. 

"Don't worry," our mother tried to soothe us. "I'm sure you'll find each other again someday."

I broke from my father's grip and clung to Izuku, crying. I could hear my father sigh before he grabbed my arm and started pulling me again.

"Izuku!!" I screamed, reaching for him.

"Hana!" He tried to run to me but our mother held him back. The last thing I saw before the door to my home closed for the last time was my twin brother, crying his eyes out and reaching for me. It was then my whole life shattered. 

~~~Ten Years Later~~~

I'm 15 now and not a day goes by that I don't think about my brother. 'I miss his smile...' I thought, tears forming in my eyes. Even though its been a decade it still hurts. I sighed and walked home alone as usual. The streets of New York City were noisy and crowded but everyone gave me a wide berth. I was used to it though so it didn't bother me. I preferred being alone. I unlocked the door to the apartment I shared with my 'father', if you could even call him that, and immediately saw the boxes. 

"Oh! Hey Hana!" My dad's girlfriend, Trisha, greeted me. Her perfume was overpowering and her makeup was caked over her face in an attempt to look pretty. Obviously it failed. I narrowed my eyes at her and started levitating the boxes with one of my quirks, placing over the street. 

"What do you think you're doing here?" I glared at her and made my eyes flash red. She automatically cowered and it made me smirk. That's when I noticed it. A ring. An engagement ring to be specific. 

'You have got to be kidding me.' My anger started rising and I could my eyes starting to glow

"Well.." Trisha started, fiddling with her dyed red hair, her brown doe eyes glancing behind me. 

"She's gonna be you're new mother." I heard my father say. 

I started laughing crazily and let all of the boxes fall into traffic. I heard the honking of car horns and people spewing curses. I turned to face my father and glared, allowing my voice to show all the hatred I've had for him since that day. 

"If you gain a wife you lose a daughter. She will never be my mother. Just like you aren't my father." I pushed past him into the hallway. "Don't expect me back." 

He grabbed my arm, a smirk on his face. "Where are you gonna go? You have no one." 

I laughed again and blew fire at him, making him jump away. I turned and started walking. I know exactly where I'm going. I'm going home. 

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

A/N

Okay so this is the first time I've really tried creating a fanfic like this. Please no hate because I have this really great storyline planned and I think bnha fans will like it. Honestly, I don't like how the term Y/N messes with the flow of the story so I decided to call the reader 'Hana' aka flower. Thank you so much for reading this! Vote and comment to tell me what you think. 

-LMM