Chapter 23

Katsuki's POV

"What if I was?" 

Those words rolled off my tongue before I could even think about what I was saying. The other side of the line was silent for a few seconds so I continued. "What if I wanted to kiss you? What would you do about it?" 

Silence

I was about to end the call when I heard her response. 

"As much as I would love to kiss you, I'd have to push you away." She choked up. "I can't be able to pursue these feelings for you because if I do something horrible will happen to everyone I care about and I need to protect them." I could tell she was crying and I felt horrible that I couldn't do anything about it. 

"Are you able to sneak out tonight?" I heard a sniffle. 

"I should be."

"Meet me in the park where we first met."

"W-Why?" Her confused stutter is really fucking cute.

"Just do it. I'll see you in 20 minutes." 

Hana just responded with a weak, "Okay."

I ended call and got ready in about 5 minutes. I jumped out my bedroom window onto a nearby tree branch. Flipping off the branch, I landed silently on the ground below. 

~~~~~~

When I arrived Hana was sitting on a swing, staring off into space. She had her long, curly, green and black hair in pigtails and was wearing a black tank top covered by a camouflage half jacket, dark green pants that end at the knees and black thigh high lace up boots. I had to admit, she looked gorgeous. 

"Hey." I sat on the swing next to her. 

"Why did you call me here?" There was something about her tone, the way it sounded. It wasn't angry or confused. It was almost like she was devoid of emotion. 

"I figured you needed a friend right now." She stood up and I felt my eyebrows furrow. "What are you doing?" 

 "I'm going home. Its obvious that you're just going to pity me." I shot up and grabbed her arm. 

"What the fuck are you talking about?" She didn't look at me. "Hana, if this is your way of pushing me away from you then don't even fucking bother. I'm stubborn as hell and I won't leave you. Not now," I cupped her cheek and wiped away the tears that started falling. "Not ever." I hated watching her cry. She's always been so strong, so full of light and hope. 

Before I knew it, I had pressed my lips against hers. I was hesitant, unsure of whether or not she wanted this. The amazing thing is, though, she kissed me back. I wrapped my arms around her waist and she wrapped hers around my neck. I felt her hands play with my hair and I couldn't help but kiss her with vigor. 

When we pulled away, we were both panting. Neither of us spoke and for the first time that night, I saw her smile. That smile sparked a fire in me and it was so bright that I didn't think anyone could snuff it out. I pressed my forehead against hers.

"No matter what, I will always be here for you. You don't have to hold back your feelings any longer." 

"Isn't that a bit hypocritical for you to say?" Hana giggled. 

"Yeah , but I don't give a damn." I pulled away and held out my hand. "Now lets get you home." 

~~~~~~

Hana's POV

The walk home was short but it felt almost magical. I held Katsuki's hand the entire way back and I was so caught up in thought that I didn't notice when we reached my apartment door. 

"Hey, Hana?" I looked up at the red eyed boy, silently cursing my short height. 

"Yes?" I slowly let go of his hand. 

"What happened earlier," Katsuki scratched the back of his neck. "I'd like to keep it between us for now. From the looks of things, there's gonna be a lot going on for both you and me."

I'll admit that hearing him say that he didn't want me to tell anyone hurt a bit, but I can understand where he's coming from. I nodded and pecked his cheek. 

"It's our little secret." 

~~~~~~

Over the course of a few days, I trained with pretty much all of Class 1-A. Before I knew what hit me, it was time for my showcase. Honestly, it feels pretty weird calling it that but it was better than calling it an exhibit. I stood with staff of UA as Principal Nezu explained the coming course of events. 

"This is a show of the student and apprentice of UA, Hana Midoriya's, unique capabilities. There will be a series of tests, in which Ms. Midoryia will use only one of the quirks in her arsenal. She can only use that quirk once and will demonstrate all quirks in her possession." Nezu's friendly voice rang throughout the training area. 

We wanted to keep this as private as possible so it was decided that this demonstration would be held in Ground Beta, just like my entrance exam. Its very nerve wracking for me since there are hundreds of Pro Heroes here to examine my abilities and take me on as a personal intern. 

The tests themselves weren't hard for me since combat is a natural thing for me. No, the hard part was using one quirk for each test. It seemed as though Nezu personally crafted each test with one of my quirks in mind, forcing me to use that very quirk. 

Since I've accumulated a vast amount of quirks over the past decade, the test took longer than anyone could have predicted. By the end of it, I was exhausted and my gym clothes were in shambles. Cementoss covered me with a blanket, a visible pink tint to his cheeks and Nezu thanked the Pro Heroes for coming to watch. 

Midnight escorted me to the changing rooms and stood outside so no one would enter. I started to change into a casual outfit but a familiar voice caused me to freeze. 

"Did you really think you could run away to this place and not get caught?"