Chapter 43

When I came to I was in the nurse's office. Around the bed were all of the pro heroes I've come to know here at UA. Midnight, Eraserhead, Present Mic, Nezu, All Might, Cementoss, Recovery Girl. All of them. It seemed like they didn't notice that I was awake yet. 

"You're saying she walked in, took out the syringe, and injected herself with the serum?" Midnight crossed her arms as she spoke sarcastically. "Why would Hana do that?"

"I am not sure. That is why we are waiting for Ms. Midoriya to wake up, so we can ask her about her actions." 

"So, she's quirkless now?" Present Mic was unusually quiet. Then again, all of the heroes had a despondent aura around them. 

"Yes, there are no more quirks residing in Hana Midoriya's body," Aizawa was even more depressing than usual. I sat up and faced the group of pro heroes. 

"There is a reason why I did what I did. Something I never allowed myself to accept and instead repressed it until there was no other option for me." The pros looked startled once I started talking but they paid attention to the story I told them. "As you all know, my father was nowhere near a good man. I believed that I could earn his love if I could become something he could be proud of. School wasn't an option so I turned to the streets. I don't know if anyone has actually been on the streets of New York but it isn't a pretty place in this quirk ruled society. 

It was there that I met Tenko Shimura, otherwise known as Tomura Shigaraki. He got me into the villain scene, took me around and made me feel important. Under his guide, I became known as one of the most notorious villains that ever terrorized New York City. The Undertaker." I looked at my hands. To others they would seem normal but to me, they're stained red with blood. "I killed, stole, lit fires, did absolutely anything I wanted during the little time I had between the time school let out and the time my father got home from work. For awhile, I was the closest to happy I had ever been. I was in a relationship, I got anything I wanted with no consequences, and I was feared on the street. I thought everything had changed, but it hadn't. I was still the weak cherry blossom I always was." Looking up at my teachers, I said my final statement. "I removed my quirks because of the harm I have caused in my life. It is here that I confess all of the crimes I have committed while living overseas." 

All of the pro heroes seemed taken aback at my confession. None of them knew what to do. It's not everyday that their intern admits that she used to be a highly wanted super-criminal. The weight I carried on my shoulders every day seemed to melt away and for the first time, I felt as if I could relax. Aizawa was the first one to react. He wrapped me in his scarf, ignoring the protest of his peers. 

"If what you say is true then you should be locked up in Tartarus for almost as long as All for One himself." 

"Yo man, maybe you should ease up on her." Present Mic reached out to his long time friend. 

"She just confessed to a series of crimes that terrorized the people of New York City. We cannot go easy on her because we know her personally." Everyone shut up after that statement. 

"Eraserhead is right, as much as I dislike admitting." Nezu looked at me. "You will be taken to the police station and held for questioning. Any contraband on you will be confiscated." I nodded even though I didn't need to. 

"I understand." 

~~~~~~

Katsuki caught up with us as I was being escorted off of the school grounds. He was panting as if he was out of breath. "I've been looking for you everywhere. Where the hell have you been!?" He looked at the crowd of pro heroes behind me and his brows furrowed. "What's going on?"

"Katsuki," the ash blonde's attention turned back to me, "you wouldn't understand."

The hothead leaned in close and whispered, "Try me." 

As I opened my mouth to respond, I felt Midnight's hand on my shoulder. She whispered in my ear, "say your goodbyes now. You don't know when you'll see him again." 

The thought of not seeing Katsuki again saddened me and before I knew it, I was clinging to the boy in front of me. I could tell the hothead wasn't used to being embraced like this but I couldn't help it. I was an emotional mess right now. I knew why too. It was because I loved this boy with all of my heart. Unlike how I've ever loved anyone before. I told him that too. I whispered it in his ear over and over and over again. He flinched the first time I said it. I knew he didn't expect me to. I'd never said it before. Not that we were dating or anything before this but there was still these unexplainable feelings. The pro heroes had left us alone. 

"What's going on, Hana? It's not like you to act like this." Katsuki delicately wiped my tears off of my cheeks. 

"You're gonna hate me.." 

"That's impossible." He looked so sincere in saying that. I almost believed it. Instead of telling him what was wrong, I leaned up and captured his lips in one final, bittersweet kiss. His arms tightened around me as he kissed me back. I don't know how long we stood there but I did know that I never wanted it to end. We pulled apart once Aizawa cleared his throat. 

"I love you, Katsuki, and I have faith that you'll be the number one hero one day. Please never forget that," I ruffled his hair softly, "Ground Zero."