Chapter 3

Unfortunately, Lady Luck wasn't on my side when it came to my dreams. I was stuck in a string of memories again. The events that have haunted me for the past eight years, ever since it started happening. No matter how hard I try I can never get rid of this ghost of my memories. 

~~~Eight years ago~~~

Father had just gotten home, even though it was really late, and he had a bunch of scary looking men with him. Ever since he lost everything on that online gambling site he'd normally come home with his breath smelling really bad, his clothes all messed up and sometimes with strange women. But he'd never come home with a group of people before. 

He pointed at me and started speaking with a slur, "There she is. That's the girl I was talking about." 

The men each gave him a big stack of cash and took me back to the spare bedroom. There so many things happened to me. It was hours before the men left and I was a shaking, crying mess. The area between my legs hurt and was bleeding. I was covered in scratches and bite marks. I stayed in my room all day that following day. After the next few days I started to believe it would never happen again but that night it did and there was more men. 

I watched as they all gave my father stacks of cash and in return they got my body. It was then that I started to hate the man that helped give me life. This action repeated up until a couple years ago, when I finally stood up for myself. 

It was the same of all of the other nights but this time the group of men all had quirks. As they touched me I absorbed all of them and used them to my advantage. I already mastered 'Perturbation' a couple months before, when I got into a series of fights at school. I used the quirks to beat the men almost to death for the way they were touching me. The only reason they didn't die was because my father came in to "check on the progress". That was the day my father beat me to the point I blacked out. Of course he never took me to the hospital at that time. He didn't want to be questioned. 

"You're nothing but a money maker. A whore that sells her body. Don't ever think you can become anything more." He said to me when I came to. 

~~~~~~

I darted up shaking and crying. I gripped the blanket that covered me and pressed a hand to my mouth to muffle my sobs. I didn't want to wake anyone up this early in the morning. 

One of the quirks I absorbed that day was really dangerous and spontaneous. Its name is 'Emotion' and its like my natural quirk 'Perturbation'. Whenever I become overwhelmed with negative emotions my eyes turn red and I become a sociopath. It truly is a Villan's quirk. I've gained some control over it but I mainly rely on Perturbation to keep it in line or cancel it out. 

My father's voice kept ringing in my head as I grabbed the money I had in my backpack. I wrote mom and Izuku a note saying that I was going shopping for some new clothes and necessities and that I'd be back sometime before noon. I grabbed my phone and stepped out of the house, into the misty summer morning. It was a little bit before 6 in the morning when I started walking towards shopping district of the city and it was still kinda dark out, indicating that the sun hasn't risen yet. 

"If I get some exercise clothes I could start running in the morning. I need to start building up my stamina if I'm gonna start using quirk combinations." I mumbled to myself as I turned on my music. I closed my eyes as I walked, taking in the clean, refreshing air of my home city. Of course while my eyes were closed I wasn't paying attention to my surroundings and I bumped into someone. 

"Oh. I'm sorry. I wasn't watching where I was going." I looked up to see a familiar pair of scarlet eyes and ash blonde hair. His eyes widened in recognition and gripped the collar of my shirt. 

"What are you?" He asked slowly, repeating his question from the previous night. I shook my head and sighed. 

"I told you last night, remember?" I turned my head to look at the rising sun. The hues that covered the sky were breathtaking. How one color faded into another was like something out of a fairytale. I felt his grip tighten and I looked at him. 

"Don't ignore me for that. You can see it some other morning. Right now I'm talking to you and you're gonna pay attention to me dammit." The tall boy glared at me and I sighed again. 

"If you want to talk to me then let me down and we can walk. I have to do some shopping so you can make yourself useful and show me around while we talk." I looked into straight his scarlet orbs. They widened with disbelief and he pushed me to the ground. 

"Who the fuck do you think you are? Talking to me like that. Do you know who you're fucking talking to?" His agitation seemed to climb higher when I simply raised my eyebrow. 

"I'm talking to my older brother's ex childhood friend and current bully for who knows how long and the guy who I picked a fight with last night because of said bullying and beat miserably." I glanced at the piece of tape over his nose and giggled. I heard him 'tsk' as he pointed to himself with his thumb.

"You're talking to the next number one hero, Bakugo Katsuki." He looked me in the eyes as he said this and I couldn't help but stare in awe at him. 'So that's his name. I was just gonna call him Kacchan for the rest of the time I knew him.'

"You've got a pretty large goal. Come on," I nodded my head towards the shopping district. "I need my guide." He just stared at me, dumbfounded. 

"Why the hell would I help you?" He glared and stuck his hands in his pockets. I rolled my headphones around my phone and stuck them both in my pocket. 

"Heroes help people don't they? And besides, I think you want to know about me based on your question when we saw each other." I smiled and grabbed his arm, dragging him with me. "So onward to shopping with Katsuki!"