Epilogue

Katsuki's Point of View

I don't know what happened to Hana that day. After she was taken by the Pro Heroes she didn't come back. What they told us was that Hana chose to go to I-Island to aid the research of quirks. I didn't believe it and neither did her twin. Hana was too upset when we said goodbye. If it was something she chose then why would she cry like that? I haven't forgotten what she told me either. She told me that she'd fallen in love with me and that she had faith that I'd be the number one hero one day. I was stupid back then. I didn't take the time to tell her that I loved her back. That it wasn't unrequited.

It's been five years since that day. Ever since Hana left I've thrown myself into work and training just to get her off of my mind. Because of this, I was climbing up the pro hero ranks faster than anyone had ever seen. I held the number 4 spot while Deku held the number 3. No matter what I did, he was always just out of my reach. As for the rest of the class, a few of them stayed together. Deku, Uravity (Round Face), Ingenium (Four Eyes), and Shoto (Icy-Hot) became the founders of a new hero agency called Catch-All that employs both heros and those without quirks.

Red Riot (Shitty Hair), Alien Queen (Pinky), Cellophane (Tape Boy), Chargebolt (Dunce Face) and I started fighting villains together. We were part of the team that led the attack that finally put the League of Villains in Tartarus. I was going there today to see if I could get any information from Hand Face about Hana's whereabouts. I had checked I-Island already. She wasn't there. The only thing that Deku and I can work together on is trying to find his sister.

Though it may seem torturous, Tomura Shigaraki's pinky fingers were cut off of each hand to ensure that he could not use his quirk to break out of the infamous prison. He was also put under the highest security possible, just like his boss. The blue haired man laughed at my appearance.

"Still searching for the missing player?"

"You know that's exactly why I'm here."

"Don't you think you should give up?"

"No." I felt like she still had things to tell me. Why did she disappear like that? Was what she wrote in that diary true? Did she actually love me or were those just words to make me feel better? Shaking my head, I looked back towards the former villain. "Do you know where Hana Midoriya is?"

"I don't but did you ever consider the fact that she doesn't want to be found? How would she feel knowing you've spent your entire hero career searching for her?" Tomura smiled at me, baring his teeth like rabid dog. "Tell you what, I'll throw you a bone. If you want to find your girl go search for the Undertaker. She should be here, in Tartarus."

I scowled at the information. He believed he was still playing a game. Now I had to search for another villain to question. "Hana, where are you?"

~~~~~~

Hana's Point of View

It's been 1825 days since I've seen the sunlight. Since I've seen Katsuki, or Izu, or any of the students in Class 1-A. The only faces I've seen are those of the guards and those of the Board. The Board is what decides my fate since I am a special case. I'm a villain who is now quirkless. The door to my seclusion opened. I assumed it to be the guards who routinely gave me food and drink but that was my mistake. I assumed. My head was down when the man entered and my arms were chained above my head.

"You're the Undertaker," the man questioned.

"Don't call me by that name." My response was clipped. I hated being called that. It wasn't me. At least, it wasn't me anymore.

"Don't snap at me, villain. That got you here in the first place." His voice was so familiar to me. I knew who it was when he spoke.

"You've changed, Ground Zero. Grown up I should say. You're not as hotheaded or stubborn."

"You know me?" I nodded, though he couldn't see it in the dark room.

"And you know me," tears welled in my eyes as I recalled the memory, "but that is in the past."

"I'm searching for someo-"

"She's gone," I cut the now Pro Hero off. "You won't find her."

"You act like you know who I was going to ask about."

"I do and I also know that you're searching in vain."

"Who are you to say that I'm searching in vain?" I had looked up by this point. The thick metal door that separated us had one small bulletproof window and a flap for trays.

"I'm someone who is very close with Hana Midoriya." Ground Zero, Katsuki, peered in to look at me, as if he was assessing if I was lying or not. Quietly, I thanked whatever God was out there because it was too dark for him to see my green hair. "She doesn't want to be found, Katsuki Bakugo, because if she is your heart will break."

"There's no way that woman could ever break my heart. I love her. I love her more than anything I've ever loved in my entire life and I'll be damned if I let her slip through my fingers because her stubborn ass is too scared!" Katsuki punched the metal door in front of me. I could barely register my tears starting to fall over the sound of my thoughts screaming at me to tell him.

"Do you have a light?"

"What kind of question is that?"

"Just answer it, Katsuki."

"Don't call me by my first name." I snorted at the comment but I felt happy. Happier than I've felt in a long time.

"I take my statement back. You're still the same hotheaded hero you were when we were younger."

"Dammit, woman." Ground Zero's explosion quirk flared, illuminating the small room. I looked up at him, his carmine eyes meeting my emerald ones, and for the first time in five years, I smiled.

"It's good to see you again, Katsuki."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Whew, that's the end of the book. It's been a crazy 11 months since I started this thing and I feel content with the ending. I might go back and edit some here and there but otherwise, this story is complete. I sincerely appreciate all of the love this book has gotten and I've very grateful for all of the lovely people who enjoy reading my first big fanfiction on this platform. I don't know if I'll create another MHA/BNHA fanfic but I've got a few concepts. Thank you everyone who's gotten this far and I hope you all have a wonderful day/night.

-LMM