Chapter 32

I stared blankly at the ash blonde boy but, in my mind, I was at war. There was so much screaming, it was so loud. What is going on with me?

"I'm not really doing anything. Just admiring the flames..." I extinguished the flames and rolled my sleeves further up. I could feel him staring at the scars that danced across my pale flesh. "Sorry about the bath thing. I didn't look at the sign before entering." 

Katsuki sighed and sat next to me. "Let's pretend I believe that story of you admiring the fire, who did you get that quirk from?" I shrugged. 

"Probably some passerby on the street." 

"Bullshit." Katsuki tossed a flavored milk to me. "You're too damn careful to have skin-to-skin contact with a random person on the street." 

"In less than an hour, I received fatal injuries that nearly killed me, my body healed at a rapid place, and I am still trying to recover lost memories. I'm sorry if I forget about how my quirk affects others and myself," Sarcasm leaked from my words like venom but instead of anger building as an affect, I simply sighed. It was silent after that, though it wasn't awkward. 

After a few minutes, the crimson eyed boy spoke up, "I saw you talking to the kid earlier..."

"Hm?" 

"What exactly did you say to him?" Katsuki tilted his head back towards the sky but glanced at me. I looked up at the sky. 

"I told him to enjoy his childhood while he still has it. Something happened to the kid and it made him hate everything about life. I have a feeling I was like that too and what I've read in the journal, that feeling is correct." Katsuki went silent again. 

"How... How exactly did you suffer? I know it has to do with your dad and all but how exactly?" I tensed at the question. I got the feeling that I wouldn't want him to know just yet. This time, I stayed silent. "You don't have to fucking tell me if you don't want to. I was just curious since I heard your damn twin and mother talking about it in the hospital." 

I continued to stay silent, lost in my thoughts again. I didn't realize Katsuki was trying to get my attention until he screamed at me. "Don't ignore me, dammit! I'm trying to fucking help you." 

"Huh?" I looked over at the fuming boy. "I'm sorry about that." 

He raised a blonde eyebrow at me.

"I am. I just," my voice trailed off. "I just have a lot on my mind right now. It's like I'm fighting an uphill battle with myself and I don't know why it's happening or how I can stop it." 

"I understand that feeling. It's kinda like your body had been drained of all hope and no matter what you say people won't understand it." 

"At least we got each other to understand right?" I leaned back on the roof of the house. The stars sparkled in the dark sky. It was a dark shade of blue that reached on for miles over the forest. 

"We have a long day of training tomorrow. It's best we get some sleep." Katsuki got up and reached his hand out to me. I gratefully took it, letting him pull me up. I started to walk away but Katsuki's voice caused me to stop, "Listen to me, Hana." 

I turned to face him and his expression was more serious than usual. "What's up?" 

"I understand what you're feeling but that's not the only thing I'll be able to understand. If you get any thoughts that-" 

"You want me to promise I'll tell you before I do anything stupid right?" I cut him off, turning on my heel. "I can't promise that I will but, I'll try. Goodnight Katsuki." I went back inside before he could say anything else. I didn't believe it was genuine, the emotion he was projecting. I think it was pity. Whatever it was, I didn't need it. I can deal with this on my own. 

~~~~~~

Training the next day was gruesome. All of the hero department trained with their quirks either individually or in pairs/groups because of similar quirks. For sixteen hours that day, I trained one on one with Aizawa with a variety of my quirks. I was exhausted by dinner time. 

"Thank god we get to eat now!" Kirishima smiled wide, presumably at the thought of food. 

"Yeah! This looks yummy and it's a lot better since we all made it together!" Uraraka smiled as she ate. I looked around the tables and noticed that two people were missing. The kid and my twin. That is I thought they were missing until I saw a messy mop of green hair sneak into the woods. I excused myself, saying that I needed to use the restroom, and followed my clumsy twin, who was following the kid. 

I hid behind a tree as the pair talked. I could tell that Izu was only trying to help the kid but it only fueled his anger. Izuku left, obviously sullen. I pat my brother on the shoulder and put on a smile. 

"I'll try to talk to him. You go back to the class." He looked worried.

"Are you sure? Kota wants to be alone." I nodded and waved off his worry. 

"I'll be fine. I'll come back soon." He nodded and walked off. I took a deep breath. I plopped next to the kid on the cliff. "Nice spot, kid."

"Why are you here? Your stinking twin couldn't convince me to like heroes so you're trying?" The kid sneered at me. 

"You misunderstand my actions. I simply wanted to get away from the commotion." I leaned back and looked at the night sky. "You know the sky is much clearer out here than in the city." 

"Why should I care about the dumb sky," Kota growled at me. 

"I don't know. Why should I care about a kid I just met?" I glanced at him, watching him tense. "Doesn't feel good does it?" Kota stayed silent, glaring at the trees beneath us. "I'm gonna tell you a story kid and I want you to listen closely." 

"Why?" 

"Simply because it will give you some insight. You'll be able to understand the world just a bit better." I looked at the black haired kid. "All you have to do is be willing to listen."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I'm not dead!! I'm super sorry for placing this book on hiatus. I had MAJOR writer's block for this book so I started a new story for another fandom. There will probably be very slow updates for this book since I still have a bit of writer's block. For everyone who has commented and voted on this book THANK YOU SO MUCH. That really helped me get through the wall in front of me as well as help me mental health behind the screen. I enjoy reading the comments and knowing that my readers enjoy my writing. I did try to make a 2019 Valentine's Day Special but I couldn't so now the picture I created is just sitting on my computer. I'll put it here even though it's right after St. Patrick's Day. 

I hope you all enjoy this crappy chapter

I hope you all enjoy this crappy chapter. Thank you for all of your support.

-LMM