Chapter 2

"You shouldn't have done that Hana! What if you had gotten hurt? What if you got arrested because you were using quirks out in public?" Izuku scolded me with a worried tone. 

"Relax twin. I was careful, even if I was barely in control of my anger." I placed my hands behind my head and relaxed as we walked back to a familiar apartment building. "So you and mom haven't moved after all this time. That makes it easier to find my way back." 

"So..." Izuku started, obviously nervous. "What made you come back? Is dad with you? Or are you alone?" 

My fists tightened at the memories. I know it seemed like I was just being a spoiled brat but you don't know the things I do. How Trisha was an abusive gold digger that only wanted money and hated me, how my father was a prick who made my life a living hell because I had an unnatural quirk based on what my mother and he had. My mother has telekinesis and my father has fire-breath and I ended up with a duel quirk that had nothing to do with my parents. 'Absorption', I can absorb other people's quirks and use them as my own. It's kinda like a quirk called Copy but I get to keep them instead of using them for one time. I also possess the quirk called 'Perturbation'. This quirk allows me to use my anxiety, confusion and disorder to my advantage, meaning I can increase my intellect, battle strategy, and reflexes in battle. 

"Hana? Hana, are you okay?" I looked up to see Izuku staring at me with his wide, green eyes.

"Yeah. I'm fine. I just got a bit caught up in my thoughts." I chuckled lightly. "It's just me here. After we left home... a lot of things happened. Yesterday, well he did something that was the last straw for me. So I left. I used some money I hid to buy a plane ticket and travel here. Honestly as far as I'm concerned, the man I left back in America was not our father. Not by a long shot." 

Our pace slowed as we neared the door and Izuku hasn't said a word since my little rant. He just stared at the ground. 'Its so odd for him to be this quiet. What's going through your mind, big brother?' 

"Hey? You okay Izuku?" I placed a hand on his shoulder and he flinched. I stared at him, overcome with worry for him. 

"I guess I got lost in thought, too. I'm sorry I worried you Cherry Blossom." I smiled at the use of my old nickname. I hugged him and nuzzled into his chest. 

"I missed you, Izu. I missed you so much. I thought about you everyday." I felt him stroke my hair but also felt him tense, like he wasn't used to this sort of contact. 

"We should head inside now. Mom's in for a big surprise." he said while untangling my limbs from around him. I nodded, smiling brightly as he opened the door. 

"Izuku? Are you home? " When I heard her voice, I wanted to break down. I grabbed my twin's hand and he squeezed it, trying to reassure me. 

"I'm home mom and I brought an old friend back with me." I looked up at him and he just smiled. 

Mom turned the corner, drying a dish with a rag. "Well good thing I made plenty of-" Her words were cut short as her eyes fell on me. They widened and the dish in her hand dropped to the floor, shattering on impact. 

"H-Hey mamma..." I waved slightly, taking a step behind Izuku and gripping his shirt. My tears threatened to spill over when I saw her take a step backward. 

"Hana..." All of a sudden she burst forward and clung to me. I hugged her tightly, crying into her embrace. "My baby girl! I thought you'd never want to see me again!"

 She was crying, hiccuping and squeezing me all at the same time but I didn't care. I was just glad to be back in her arms. 

"Mamma! I missed you so much! I wanted to come home a lot sooner but father wouldn't let me. He hurt me so much mamma! I couldn't handle it anymore." I sobbed, letting out all of the frustration, sadness and loneliness I've felt over the last decade. 

"Shush baby..." She stroked my hair. "Its all okay now. You're home and you're safe. No one's gonna harm you here." She grabbed my face and cradled it in her hands. "After I get this glass cleaned up we're gonna sit down with some dinner and then you're gonna get some rest. That's the thing you need the most right now." 

I nodded and smiled at her. She stroked my cheek and kissed my forehead. I almost started crying again. I missed the warmth of my mother so much. I never want to lose it again. I finally found my home again. After ten long years of waiting, I'm finally back where I can be apart of a family again, where I can finally be myself. Mom led me to the living room area where I ate some mildly spicy curry and leaned on Izuku. Unknowingly I slipped into unconsciousness.