Chapter 25

Third Person POV

Hours have passed and a crowd has gathered in the waiting room of the hospital. This crowd included the Bakugo and Midoriya families, Midnight and Toshinori, who were both in their civilian forms. The news of the attack spread across local media like wildfire and Inko Midoriya just returned from police questioning. She sat next to her worried son, who was mumbling about the what ifs. Her mind was running rampant but at the same time it was calm and collected. A brown haired man wearing glasses and a lab coat walked out from the back area. 

"Family of Hana Midoriya?" The man asked and most people in the waiting room stood, Katsuki Bakugo included. The doctor cleared his throat. 

"The surgery was a success." Many people's shoulders sagged with relief but tensed again when the doctor continued. "Unfortunately, Ms Midoriya is in a comatose state at the moment. She has several broken and fractured bones, second and third degree burns, a concussion and most severely brain trauma to the frontal lobe. However during the surgery, something strange was removed from the patient's body." The doctor held up a clear jar, inside lay a large, glittering green and blue jewel. It was unlike any precious stone out there and from the way it shone in the light of the hospital, many could tell that it was the only one of its kind. "We would like to run some tests on the patient when she wakes, to make sure her cognitive functions are working just fine."

Katsuki stepped up, asking the question all of them wanted to know. "Will she still be able to become a hero?" 

"The probability of that has lowered due to the amount of and severity of the injuries this girl has received. It is very likely she will suffer from anxiety and metal trauma from this point on." The doctor turned to Inko. "I recommend that she not look into a mirror for awhile. It may worsen the trauma." 

The short woman started trembling, staring at the floor. "What did he do?" 

The question came out as a whisper but she looked up and repeated it with vigor. "What the hell did Hisashi do to my daughter!?"

"Inko, are you sure it was him? I mean you haven't heard from him since he left and took her with him. Why would he do that to his own-" Mitsuki Bakugo was cut off by the fuming mother. 

"He's done a lot worse to my girl. If you think for one second that that man has a single good bone in his body then you are fairly mistaken." The two teenage boys looked back and forth between the old friends, confusion written across their faces. 

"Mom," Izuku placed a hand on his mother's shoulders. "Did dad do this to her?"

Inko reluctantly nodded, "He tried to make our Cherry Blossom wither again." 

"Again?" The ash-blond questioned. "What the hell happened?" 

The doctor, who remained quiet up until now, inserted himself into the conversation. "It appears that this, Hisashi, has branded your daughter." 

After this fact was said, all hell broke loose. Both mothers and Katsuki had to be held back, though everyone was feeling the same anger. Midnight was forced to use her quirk to calm the situation. It seems like this was the first of many long nights. 

~~~~~~

Hana's POV

I'm floating. Surrounded by the beautiful ocean waters. It was endless and I didn't mind that. I could breathe just fine and here, I don't have to face the horrors of reality. Humans are despicable. They take whatever they want, not caring about what they destroy to get it. Sometimes I believe we are parasites to this planet. We steal its resources and poison its surface. I'd much rather be here. Yet, I can't help but feel I'm forgetting something. 

It's just at the edge of my mind but I can't reach it. All I know is that it's too quiet. It's almost like I'm used to it being loud in some sort. Mumbling... why do I remember mumbling? Was the significance of that? It must be something in my physical life but, I don't want to go back. 

The current rushed angrily throughout the waves, almost like it was yelling at me to wake up. 

'I don't want to.' I was tossed around by the waves. It was almost like I was being barraged by passive aggressive insults. 'Please don't make me go back.' I fought hard but the current forced me to the surface. Artificial light burned my eyes and I heard the rhythmic pulsation of a heart monitor. The noise reminded me of where I was and the rhythmic sound turned sporadic. 

Almost instantaneously, a multitude of nurses rushed into the room. I felt one take my arm and although the touch was gentle, not at all threatening in the slightest, I fought the male nurse. Explosions erupted from my hands and he was pushed back by some strange force of wind. 

Strange... How did I do that? Have I always been able to do that? 

I felt a bizarre prick in my neck and a wave of sleepiness washed over me. Sleep sounded nice right now. Maybe then I could remember what the hell happened to me. What did happen? I remember burning and fire. Heroes. Is that what they were called? I think that was it. I remember asking myself about midnight but, why would I wonder about a time? Was it late? 

My gut told me something horrible happened to me and I was scared. I didn't want to find out what happened but I felt like I needed to. I couldn't do what I needed to with holes in my memory. But, what was it that I needed to do? I felt like if I didn't do something soon then a lot of people would die. It would be my fault. Who would die? Perhaps the answer would show itself soon. 

I slumped against the hospital bed, sleep overtaking me. Everything was fuzzy but, I swore I saw a pair of garnet red eyes staring at me as my vision faded to black.