Chapter 22

Toshi promised to meet me at the Dagobah Municipal Beach Park and Katsuki walked me home. I was so busy planning my funeral to notice that Katsuki stopped outside the apartment building so I ended up running into his back. 

"Watch where you're going, you damn look alike." His voice was somewhat soft, very unlike his usual shout. 

"Are you okay, Katsuki?" I touched his back gently. My tone was soft and it matched his. 

"Just shut the fuck up and get inside. Inko is probably worried sick. Not to mention fucking Deku." His tone was laced with bitterness. I walked around him and he turned around, facing away from me. 

"Katsuki? Are you," I giggled gently. "Are you pouting because you lost our fight?" 

"Like hell I am!" He glared at me but his eyes read a different emotion. 

"Then why does sadness glaze your eyes? Why can you not look me in the eye? I thought we were finally getting along." I touched his arm and he smacked my hand away. It stung but I ignored it. 

"How?" That was all he said. 

"How what?" 

"How could you fucking let them just pull you from the festival like that!? You deserve a chance too, you fucking shitty girl!" He pinned me to the wall and yelled in my face. "If anyone deserves to fight me in that arena its you, Hana!" My mouth hung open in shock. The way he was looking at me was something completely new. Katsuki's crimson eyes shone with respect and an emotion I couldn't identify. 

I found myself leaning in and he did the same. I allowed my eyes to flutter shut and Katsuki's hand cupped my cheek, the other resting on my hip. I could feel his warm breath tickle my lips and we continued moving closer and closer before... 

Bang!

Katsuki and I turned towards the noise and we saw my mother, looking both extremely worried and extremely pissed. Izu came out stuttering and asking mom to calm down. 

"Izuku, I will not calm down! After what she told me last night, there's no chance in hell I'll calm down! Your father is out there looking for her and for all we know he could have her! You know what he did to her! He fucking let people r-" 

"That's enough mom." I stepped out of Katsuki's embrace and into the open, where they could see me. "There's no need to shout it to the entire world. I'm safe and I'm okay." I glanced at Katsuki. 

He looked confused and was about to say something but my expression stopped him. 

'Call you later.' I mouthed to him. He nodded and started walking away, shoving his hands in his pockets. After I went inside I sat through a long and tedious lecture given to me by both my overly worried mother and my anxious twin brother.  

By the time the lecture was over it was completely dark outside and because of our mother's worry I had to take Izuku with me to meet Toshinori. He was waiting by the time we got to the park. 

"Hey there young Midoriyas. What was it you wanted to talk to me about?" I stood by Toshi and looked out at the water. 

"Your quirk is called One for All, right? And it's the only quirk I cannot incorporate into my being?" He nodded slowly, wariness radiating off of him. "If it's possible for me to copy quirks and make them my own then, does that mean someone can give quirks to another person?" I looked at Toshinori and he tensed at my question.  

"Young Hana..." He paused. "What has made you think of this?" 

"I learned the origin of my quirks." I looked out at the ocean. "They were given to me by a friend of my father. Though I believe he was not a friend but more so an employer." 

"What makes you think that Hana?" Izuku spoke up behind me. 

"I had a dream. Part of it was a memory. A memory of what happened before I slipped into that coma. " I went silent as I thought about the dream and all that was said. Both males were silently waiting for me to continue. I mumbled what my father had said. 

"She's ready, Master. Please grant my daughter a quirk, All for One."  I felt Toshinori bristle beside me. 

"What did you just say?" I turned to face him. 

"The man my father addressed as master is called All for One. The names of your quirk and that man are too similar." I grabbed Toshi's hand. "So please Toshinori, tell me what you know." 

Toshi glanced at Izuku and then back to me. "Now is not the proper time. There is too much stress for the both of you. Once things have calmed down I," he sighed. "I'll tell you all there is to know about All for One." 

~~~~~~

I laid back on the couch and recounted the events of the day. First off, there was the dream. Secondly, the sparring with Katsuki which resulted in me training him more than us actually sparring. Next was the missed phone calls and the walk home with Katsuki. My thoughts flashed to what almost happened and I felt my cheeks heat up. I almost kissed the hot headed, red eyed explosion himself! He held me in his arms and he called me by my first name. He almost heard what happened to me. Oh shit, and I promised to call him. 

I shot up and grabbed my phone, dialing his number as quick as I could. After a couple rings, he answered. 

"Took you long enough, you damn look alike." 

"Does that mean you were waiting for my call?" I couldn't pass up the opportunity to tease him. 

"Shut the fuck up! It doesn't mean shit!" I laughed. 

"I know. I know." A smile graced my lips as he continued to deny that his comment meant anything. 

"Okay. So now you have to tell me. What was your mom going to say to Deku?" 

I went silent, caught up in my thoughts and memories. 

"Oi. Shitty girl. Are you still there?"  Katsuki broke through my thoughts. 

"Hm? Yeah, I'm here and to answer your question. It... it's personal. I'll tell you about it when I'm ready but now isn't the time." I tried to force my tone into a somewhat happier one. "So about earlier. What was the future number one hero trying to do?" I couldn't help my smirk. "Pinning me against the wall and embracing me. Calling me by my first name."

"I-I wasn't doing shit!" I giggled at his stutter. 

"Oh really? Because I'm almost positive that you were about to kiss me." I felt my cheeks heat up again. There was silence on the other end. 

"What if I was?"