Chapter 19

Four Months Later

Lucy's P.O.V

I smiled at the bouncing and bubbly joy. She was beautiful and so peaceful. Something that soothed me. Never had I known that something being introduced into my life would have made me so happy.

"What do you want to name her?" Shin asked as he stared at the sleeping girl in my arms.

"I like Mao."

"Mao huh, I like it" Carla came through the door and looked at me.

"Lucy" I gave him a small yet exhausted smile.

"You're late you know."

"I heard the news at the last minute." He sat next to me and looked at her.

"You were wrong you know." He arched a brow.

"About what?"

"The baby is a girl." His eyes widened.

"A girl" I nodded. "I guess we need to try again." My eyes widened along with Shins'.

"Nee-san the process to have her now wasn't easy."

"Carla-kun, it was already dangerous enough that I had her home but if this happens again, Machi said that it could be worse. Also, why can't she be an heir?" Home, I called this place home for the first time. 

"I heard about your family history. Every female seems to have to become a celestial mage."

"You're genes are strong as well. I am pretty sure that Mao would have your powers." Carla arched a brow.

"Mao?" I nodded.

"I like the name, Mao unless you don't like it." He shook his head.

"It's fine, can I see her?" I nodded before I handed her to him.

"Be gentle" As he held her it had been as if she had been comfortable with him. She didn't cry nor did she do wine. Instead, she slept in a peaceful slumber which made me feel better as well.

Two Hours Later

Carla's P.O.V

Lucy was asleep now, along with Mao. As I watched them I couldn't help but think to myself. Even though we had our maids, butlers, and Shin, it was still hard for her to have Mao. I knew it was smart of have Machi take midwife training when it came to this and also got Lucy some time off from school to reduce stress but she still struggled. 

"Nee-san" I looked at Shin. "Where were you?"

"Where else could I have been?" His brows furrowed.

"You were out seeing her knowing that Lucy was due any day." I chose to ignore what he said. "Nee-san she had a hard time and you being gone didn't make her feel any better. She is the first child for both of you. Imagine if something worse could have happened, what would you have done." I looked at Lucy and Mao. 

What would have happened if something bad did happen? Was what Lucy said true? Was I always thinking of myself? There was a knock at the door causing us to look at it.

"Master Shin and Master Carla"

"Yes, Machi" Shin asked.

"The Sakamaki's and Mukami's send their best regards." Did they know about Mao? I looked at Shin. 

"Do you honestly think that they wouldn't have found out?" I should have known. Lucy have been an interest to them since she first started coming there. It was bound to happen.