Chapter 23

An Hour Later

Lucy's P.O.V

I sat in the bathroom and thought to myself.

Why had I been so hurt over someone who I didn't love? Why did I care about him? Especially when he seemed to have been moved on? I was an idiot! Such an idiot! Why did I even take this job? Why did I accept him? What is wrong with me? Was this Ka...

Why had I been so hurt over someone who I didn't love? Why did I care about him? Especially when he seemed to have been moved on? I was an idiot! Such an idiot! Why did I even take this job? Why did I accept him? What is wrong with me? Was this Karma? Karma for what I did to those men? I shook my head. If I didn't accept this job I wouldn't have had Mao, someone who seemed to be my only light right now.

I heard the bathroom door open but didn't bother to look at the owner. I shouldn't be surprised about who it was. "Nee-san wants to see you in the ballroom." My eyes widened while my cheeks reddened. I looked at the owner of the voice.

"Shin-kun" I felt a rush of anger and embarrassment. "Pervert!" I grabbed the soap and threw it at him. "Get out!" It hit his face. Once he processed what happened he glared at me.

"You brat"

Carla's P.O.V

I started at the constellations and started to wonder what they thought of me. Did they hate me, did they not mind me? I took their owner and got her to have my daughter for goodness sake. The door slammed open causing me to look at the owners to see Shin with Lucy in his grip. I felt my face heat up. Why the hell was she only in a towel?

"I got your brat for you." Why was he angry? I examined the two again and noticed the bruise on his head. So she hurt him. I guess he had been pissed off that she did it. Even Yui hasn't hurt him physically before.

"Good" He let go of her and slammed the door closed. She glared at me before she looked away.

"What is it that you called me in here for?"

"Lucy"

"You have only said my name in the past two hours, nothing else."

"Look at me" She didn't look at me. If anything she seemed afraid to. I walked up to her and took her hand before pulling her to the window. If she didn't want to look at me then at least we could talk while we watched the stars.

"What is it?"

"You are good at ballroom dancing I heard, so I want you to show me." I looked at her to see her arching a brow.

"You have been here for hundreds of years but do not know how to ballroom dance?" She really was naive, wasn't she? It was good, at least I didn't have to worry about her other reactions to the rest of my request for later. "You know how to dance don't you?" She knew more than I thought. "What is the real reason you called me here? Are you divorcing me?"

"No"

"Then what is it?" I pulled her close to me. Her cheeks flushed while she looked away from me. "You want another baby, don't you? I already told you-"

"On our wedding day, we didn't really do anything, so I want to make it up to you." She blushed.

"Make what up? My gift was Mao, nothing else." She said as she tried to get out of my grip. I didn't let her.

"You have to go?"

"I am only dressed in a towel."

"I still want to learn." She arched a brow before she shook her head and took my hand and pulled me to the dancefloor.

"I will dance with you to one song. After that, I am changing, agreed?"

"What are my rules?"

"Oi, I am not dancing to all these songs when I am not dressed."

"I made sure that no one is able to come here for hours."

"Why hours?" I started to lead her into our dance.

"No reason."

"So this has nothing to do with you wanting another baby?"

"I have Mao."

"Okay," I spun her around before I pulled her closer to me.

"So you accept dancing with me?" She looked away from me.

"I don't think I have a choice."