Chapter 20

Three Months Later

Lucy's P.O.V

After we graduated we found ourselves home often. Carla tended to be busy while I spent a lot of time with Mao who surprisingly grew to look exactly her father. At times I had seen her watching the stars and felt that she would be connected to them but at the same time, she seemed to follow more of her father's path making me believe that she has inherited his magic.

Carla walked into the nursery and looked at me. "Lucy I need to speak to you." I nodded before I laid Mao in her crib and walked into the hallway. Carla closed the door behind him before he looked out of the large window. "Mao, which path is she following, yours or mine?"

"She seems to be following yours-"

"Shit" My eyes widened.

"Carla-kun" He turned around and looked at me. "Is there something wrong?"

"I will be back in a couple of hours."

"Huh, why? You just came back-"

"I have to speak to the Sakamaki's about something." What was the issue and why didn't he tell me?

"Carla-kun"

"You don't get it, do you?" I shook my head. "You never do," he left. He always left. I wanted to wait for him but waiting for this long was not easy. For days and weeks, he would leave and come back only to work on something else. He was no different from my father. I hated to admit it but it seemed true. Shin walked into the hallway and looked at me.

"I will be accompanying Nee-san." 

"Shin-kun, can you tell me why you both are going to see the Sakamaki's?" He looked to be in thought before he spoke.

"I would tell you but he is not going to like it. Well, see you soon." Soon, it was always soon. I smiled at him and waved, ignoring the pain in my heart. 

"See you both soon." He walked down the hall.

_______________________________________________

 I looked out of the window and watched as Shin and Carla left before I sighed. If only I had been home, at least I would have had the support of the guild. Here I had Shin and at times Machi but our friendship ended when Carla felt that I had been getting too close to her. It's been a year and a half since I saw my friends, it has been a year since I saw my spirits. 

I missed everyone. Maybe it was finally time to go home. Carla and Shin were gone and the maids and butlers were busy. If I were to be asked any questions I can tell them I am going to the store or something. 

As soon as I felt they had been far enough I walked into Mao's room and began to pack her a bag. Once I finished I grabbed it and her before I then went into Carla and I's room and packed another bag before grabbing it. I wrote a note telling Carla that I would be back and left.