Chapter 33

An Hour Later

Lucy's P.O.V

It had been the first time I ever drank alcohol since I had Mao. Doing it with someone I cared about was actually comforting and felt better than doing it alone. Now I understood why he wanted me to do it with him. I took another sip of wine and smiled. "Shin, where did you get this?"

"Many years ago I bought it and saved it to have a glass with someone close to me." I giggled at the happy man.

"You are so cute Shin-kun" His cheeks reddened

"You say that like I am younger than you." He said before he sat next to me on the couch. "I am not so young you know Lucy?" I nodded. 

"I know but you are still so adorable." I pinched his cheeks.

Shin's P.O.V

Lucy was drunk, wasn't she? This would have not been good. If I remember, nee-san said that- I felt something press against my lips. I felt myself sink into her kiss but stopped as I realized what I was doing. "Lucy"

"Shin-kun" She kissed me again. I couldn't take it anymore. I slightly allowed myself to kiss her back but stopped myself. This was wrong.

"Lucy, I think it's time to sleep." She giggled.

"I am not drunk you know?" She was.

"You are Lucy" I stood up and extended a hand. "Would you like to escort me back to your room?" She stood up and took my hand. 

"Okay" As we walked down the hall I was happy to feel her touch that I longed for. To be able to feel her heart in one second brought the inner joy in me out. I looked at the drunken woman who stared back at me in awe. 

"You are so cute Lucy." She giggled at me before she let go of my hand and stood in front of me. 

"I have decided."

"What is it?" I wondered how outlandish this might have been, especially in her drunken state.

"I have decided that if Carla-kun were to cheat on me again, I would divorce him and marry you. As long as I have Mao and you, I can be happy." My eyes widened. "I love you Shin-kun" She was joking, wasn't she? Just thinking of the idea somehow made me feel happy but the idea of hurting nee-san didn't do anything but make me feel guilty. The idea of seeing Lucy happy though, made me want to fulfill her dream, even if it was a drunken one.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Happy Holidays!