Chapter 21

Carla's P.O.V

I walked with Shin by my side, thinking about the deal I just made with the Sakamaki's. Of course, I was reluctant but at the same time, ended up doing it for Mao. Maybe Lucy would be happy if I told her. I wasn't sure. The way she looked when I left had been full of despondency.

As soon as I walked inside the mansion, Lucy's scent seemed faint. Mao's scent as well. I looked at Shin who seemed to notice as well. "Machi!" Machi ran down the stairs and bowed to me.

"Yes master"

"Where are Lucy and Mao?"

"She left a note saying that the two will be back." Shin arched a brow.

"Did something seem off about her?"

"Some of the things in the baby room are missing but I expect it to be normal." Something wasn't right.

"What about Lucy, are some of her things gone?" Machi's eyes widened.

"Yeah, a lot of things were" I felt my blood boil. Did she really think she could leave without me catching her?

"I will be back, Shin I need you to come with me." He nodded before he changed into his other form while I called out my wolves.

" He nodded before he changed into his other form while I called out my wolves

Lucy's P.O.V

I looked at the pack of bubbles and began to think. Mao really loved them but it took a while to find them. I sighed before I grabbed it and brought it to the register. "That will be $2.50." I grabbed the money and paid him. A sudden emotion filled me causing me to gasp. Fear and anger, mostly anger. He knew he must have known. Carla found out that I left. The cashier handed me the bag and I thanked him before I snuck out of the store, deciding to take the alleyway to the train station. 

As soon as I did I heard wolves I knew that I had no choice but to run. When I did I heard the wolves come closer and my fear rise. Mao started to wine and I knew I had no choice to stop soon but the train station had been so close. This was the only chance that we had of a better and happier life. If only she could wait. She didn't stop and I felt my eyes began to water. "Please Mao, please wait for a little longer." I had to stop, if I didn't it would only frustrate Mao more. I stopped and looked at her to see her with a frightened expression making my heartache. I was selfish, I hurt her, I didn't mean to but I did. I couldn't help but sob while I held her close to me. "Mao, I'm sorry, mama is so sorry for scaring you."

"You had enough running huh?" I wasn't surprised. Why should I be?

"Carla" I turned around to see Shin and Carla, alongside them, wolves.

"Do you plan on running anymore?" I shook my head.

"No, for Mao's sake I cannot. So please if you plan on doing anything, please do not do it to the point where she would cry in fear nor will she not be happy. " The two's eyes widened and Carla put away his wolves.

"Shin inform the maids that we will be returning soon. Lucy, hand me, Mao." I looked at her before I looked at Carla.

"Carla-kun"

"What are my orders?" I slowly nodded and looked at Mao.

"Papa wants to see you." I smiled at her before I handed her to him. Hearing her start to cry made my heart tear but I knew Carla holding her was his way of trying to get her used to him, which she wasn't. She soon calmed down before we started to leave.