Chapter 32

Two Weeks Later

Lucy's P.O.V

For the first time, I had been without Mao. I couldn't understand it. Why did Carla want to bond with her alone? I sat in the nursery and couldn't help but feel lonely. I missed Mao. "Lucy" I looked at the door to see Shin. I quickly stood up.

"Shin" Shin had a guilty look on his face that made my heart ache. I walked up to him. "Are you okay?"

"Are you actually pregnant?" I shook my head.

"Turns out I was slightly sick two weeks ago." He sighed before he nodded. He looked at me.

"You are lonely without Mao right?" I nodded.

"Yeah, but he will be back...in a couple of hours."

"Then how about you and I hang out for a bit." My eyes widened.

"Last time we did that, we almost went too far."

"I will control myself this time." I chuckled before I nodded.

"Fine"

Shin's P.O.V

She wasn't pregnant, which made me happy but I was worried. If I were to lose control, she would probably hate me. I took her hand and brought her to the ballroom. "Nee-san said that it was actually fun getting to dance with you." She blushed.

"Did he really?" I nodded but knew I wanted to get her to remember this moment us. I took her hand.

"Would you like to dance, Lucy?" She nodded before she accepted. As we danced I felt my heart began to pound. Seeing her smile, seeing her laugh, it was what I dreamed of and to think that she would be doing this in just one dance was somehow comforting. Seeing her happy was the best thing I could experience. I spun her causing her to giggle. Once I got the opportunity I pulled her close to me. 

"Shin-kun?"

"Do you mind dancing slowly?" She shook her head before she rested her head against my shoulder. 

"No" I wrapped my arms around her waist before we continued to dance. Somehow I found myself allowing to take my heart with her. It was better to feel numb then to remember this feeling of what if. What if I met her first? What if I heard the song first? What if I never heard the song she sang to nee-san? If I would have, would I have fallen in love with her? I shook my head. It was better to remember this rare chance I had with her before I lost it. I pulled her closer to me.