Chapter 24

Two Weeks Later

Lucy's P.O.V

I despised him. The man who was known as my husband. I didn't want to to be near him. I didn't want to do anything for him but here I was. I glared at the sleeping sickly man. "You idiot, you shouldn't work yourself so hard." I caressed his cheek.

"Mrs. Tsukinami, I have dinner ready."

"Please put it on the table Machi-chan."

"Okay but I advise you to eat. You have been watching master all day and haven't eaten. You may have some bottles prepared already but if you continue doing this you might have to start using formula for Mao. You last fed her an hour ago but she might be hungry again." She set it down and left. I sighed to myself. I have been here for most of the day and brought Mao to see her father every four hours but I will have to feed her soon. I looked at the table.

I let out a small smile

I let out a small smile. Machi is such a great person. Such a hard working woman who didn't know that she was so perfect. She was kind and caring. If only Carla let me be around her again. Maybe I would be able to feel like I could somehow feel better. I shook my head. He had his rules. I just had to follow them.

Twenty Minutes Later

I had been walking down the hallway when I heard the sound of running become audible through the halls

I had been walking down the hallway when I heard the sound of running become audible through the halls. I stopped walking.

"Lucy" I looked at Shin, who had been about a foot away. The moonlight had been like a spotlight that shown only him. It was beautiful. I felt my cheeks heat up and looked away from him.

"Is there something wrong Shin-kun?" He walked up to me.

"I just got the news, is nee-san okay?"

"Yeah, he is expected to wake up between tonight and tomorrow?"

"Tonight and tomorrow? Are you sure?" I nodded.

"Yeah" He sighed.

"I guess it is just you, me, and Mao. What do you want to do?"

"I don't know. I just got Mao to sleep- "

"Then it's just me and you." He looked to be in thought. "Come on" He grabbed my hand and pulled me into his room, ignoring my protest. It was similar to Carla's room. The walls had a gray theme to it, his bed had been large and grande with blue blankets that appeared silklike, along with a mahogany type color for the frame of the bed. I sat in one of the chairs while Shin sat in the one next to me. I guess I had no choice but to figure out what he wanted to do.

"Shin-kun-" His cheeks darkened causing me to stop. I looked away from him and at my lap before I spoke again. "Is there something wrong?" I could feel my cheeks start to heat up and my heart rate speed up. This was nerve-racking.

"The song that you sang to nee-san, I want to hear it." My eyes widened and I looked at him.

"I am not allowed to sing that unless Carla-kun says I am." He let out a dry chuckle.

"It's not like I will do anything. What is it supposed to do, make me fall for you?"

"It's dangerous" I knew he would have made me sing either way.

"Sing it" I sighed before I sang the song. Just like Carla, his eyes darkened and read the emotion of lust while his cheeks became flushed. I stopped and quickly stood up.

"I have to go" He grabbed my wrist and pulled me back to my seat.

"Stay" I was trapped. "I want to hear the full thing."

"Shin-kun this is wrong to Carla-kun-"

"I will not let you leave until you finish, now from the top, sing it." I followed his orders and began to sing it. For some reason, everything felt fuzzy. My emotions that I felt when I sang the song only for Carla resurfaced.

It was strange yet I didn't know why I didn't want to fight it. As soon as I finished Shin moved close to me and moved his left hand on my cheek while he moved his face closer to mine. "I want you." My face must have been as red as a tomato. He wanted me, he wanted me! The man who liked calling me a brat he- My thoughts had been interrupted when I felt something warm touch my lips.

I opened my eyes to see Shin in front of me. He kissed me! The strange this was that it felt so perfect. His kiss was sweet and all I wanted to do was kiss him back but it was wrong. I pushed him away before I ran out.

As I reached Carla and I's room I couldn't help but watch Carla. He had been in deep sleep for days due to his sickness and now he was due to wake up. I betrayed him and had to tell him what I did but if I did it as soon as he woke up then I would stress him out even more. I felt my vision began to blur. My heart ached, why did it ache? Did I love him? I shook my head. I didn't, I couldn't. "Carla-kun"